free website stats program assessory switch | Harley Davidson Forums

assessory switch

troupadoor

Hi folks, I have a 03 ultra classic it has an assessory switch on the dash, this is what I was wondering, bought a pair of heated gloves doesn't have a heat controller or an on and off switch with them, can the battery harness be connected to the assessory switch on the dash? Thanks

Hi folks, I have a 03 ultra classic it has an assessory switch on the dash, this is what I was wondering, bought a pair of heated gloves doesn't have a heat controller or an on and off switch with them, can the battery harness be connected to the assessory switch on the dash? Thanks

You might find a way to make that work but any type of on/off switch doesn't work well with heated gear. When turned up full blast those things get hot. Turning 'em on and off constantly would inhibit comfort and be a major distraction, IMO. You need a controller.

Gerbings used to use the Heatroller for their gear but switched to el-cheapo Chinese-made units. The original Heatroller is a superior unit and the guy that designs, manufactures and sells 'em offers excellent customer service. He'll tailor cord length to your specific needs if necessary, sells the battery pigtails, harnesses and anything else you need.

Warm & Safe Heated Clothing and the Heat-troller for the Real Thing!

Heated gear and the related components aren't cheap. But when it's cold enough to need it the cost is well worth it.

TL

Back