free website stats program Arkansas Head Football Coach Petrino News Release | Harley Davidson Forums

Arkansas Head Football Coach Petrino News Release

iamdent

Head hog went down on Hwy 16 Sunday, looks like he gonna be okay. Prayers for CBP.

The University released the following statement from Coach Petrino's family:

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. - Arkansas head football coach Bobby Petrino was involved in a motorcycle accident Sunday evening near the town of Crosses in Madison County, Arkansas. Arkansas State Police responded to the accident.

The university is releasing the following statement from Coach Petrino's family.

"Coach Petrino was involved in a motorcycle accident on Sunday evening that involved no other individuals. He is in stable condition and is expected to make a full recovery. Our family appreciates respect for our privacy during the recovery and we are grateful for the thoughts of Razorback fans at this time."

Jeff Long, director of athletics and vice chancellor, said he has been in touch with the Petrinos and added that he will consult with the family to provide additional information at a later time. Until then, there will be no further information or comment on the accident per the Petrinos' request.

Petrino was placed on administrative leave as it is now known that he was riding with a 25 year old woman as a passenger. Apparently his contract includes a clause that would allow the university to release him for “engaging in conduct, as solely determined by the university, which is clearly contrary to the character and responsibilities of a person occupying the position of head football coach or which negatively or adversely affects the reputation of the athletics program in any way.”

Razorback's Petrino Crashes More Than Harley - Motorcycle USA

This should get interesting......

DOH !!!!!!!:swoon
I think there was another feller' from Arkansas tryin to "hide" facts about women also!!!! :D

This was from the AP:
---------------------------
Arkansas placed Petrino on administrative leave on Thursday night after it became clear that he had lied about the circumstances of a Sunday motorcycle accident.

Specifically, Petrino lied — and had Arkansas employees lie on his behalf — when he said he was alone on his motorcycle. In reality, a 26-year-old former Arkansas volleyball star who was just hired last week as an employee of the football program, Jessica Dorrell, was riding on his motorcycle with him. (Dorrell was not seriously hurt and did not need medical attention. Petrino was hospitalized but has since been released.)

Petrino issued a statement in which he seemed to blame his failure to be forthright on the fact that “I have been in constant pain, medicated,” but he did acknowledge that he was also motivated by not wanting what he described as “a previous inappropriate relationship” to become public.

Petrino’s private life is none of the public’s business. But if he has an “inappropriate relationship” with a football program employee, or if he hires someone with whom he previously had an “inappropriate relationship” to work for the football program, or if he has another Arkansas employee lie on his behalf — as he did early this week when he had a school spokesman release a statement saying he was alone at the time of the accident — that’s a serious problem. Arkansas Athletic Director Jeff Long was clearly upset when he announced that he placed Petrino on administrative leave Thursday night.

“We have high expectations for our coaches . . . certainly I’m disappointed,” Long said. “I brought him [Petrino] here.”

What constantly amazes me is these high profile people that get in this kind of mess all the time. It's like they think they will never be found out. I mean what the heck, Tiger Woods, Bill Clinton. I just don't get it. Petrino rides a bright red Road King with Razorbacks on it, he goes riding on a beutiful Sunday afternoon on one of the most popular riding highways in the whole state with a blonde with no helmet, crashes, then thinks he can hide it. WhAT THE HECK! I really don't understand liars

Back