free website stats program Are you thinking about.... | Harley Davidson Forums

Are you thinking about....

trike lady

I always like to share basic information with people who are thinking about converting their bike into a trike.
One of the questions I ask is How many miles and how old? The major trike kit manufacturers have a cut off on the year of the bike. Miles play another important role, as I wouldn't suggest a bike with 80,000 to be a good candidate.
There are kits available that will fit older bikes.
Items that make your trike better, that includes an oil cooler, you certainly want reverse and you certainly want raked triple trees (EZ Steer).
There are two choices, would you like solid axle or independent suspension?
Body styles are a matter of what you like.
Most important do your homework and take test rides.
Find a trike you like and then enjoy

Thanks Trike Lady. I have been thinking about building one and I want all the advise I can get.

173ABN,
There are trike kits available for the D.I.Y. that you can purchase DFT & Champion. You can get the Frankenstein, John Edward Enterprises(Corsair trikes), U.S Trikes. FBI (Fat Baggers Incorporated) makes one for the FLHT and it is very nice looking. Some kits start at 1996 and there are others that go to the late 80's. It all depends upon the manufacturers.

Attachments

• fbi trike.jpg
    fbi trike.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 34
Trike Lady,
What is your opinion of the California Sidecar Daytona conversions? That is the one we are thinking about. I know they are expensive but they seem to have the options that we want. Any info you can give us will be greatly appreciated.
I enjoy two wheel riding but due to my wife's knee problems it is hard for her to get on with me holding the bike up. We think she will have an easier time getting on a trike without me being in front of her. She is a passenger and has no desire to ride her own.

Independent suspension is one of the nicest kits and you have selected an excellent one.
They handle nicer in the twisties offer a more comfortable ride. When you have an extended wheelbase trike the passenger isn't sitting above the axle. The Power Trak is a must as it makes steering trike easier. The ground effects make the trike look finished and offer protection. A twin belt drive which means less stress on the host bike drive belt.
Yes, its expensive but it's worth it. You get a good warranty and a large dealer network. A trike is a big investment and one you'll enjoy for many years. Most people who own CSC are very happy with them and would buy another. I believe you'll be very pleased with your choice. Your wife will enjoy the ride and you will too.
Select a good installer in your area or maybe one out of your area that you feel comfortable dealing with.

This is the California Sidecar Trike conversion for the touring models. Very clean lines and complements the bike's looks.

Attachments

• Red_trike_rear_view3.jpg
    Red_trike_rear_view3.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 58
This is the California Sidecar Trike conversion for the touring models. Very clean lines and complements the bike's looks.

There just was a fire at the California Sidecar plant. Here is the informational site: Nelson County Life Magazine : » Archive for california sidecar

There just was a fire at the California Sidecar plant. Here is the informational site: Nelson County Life Magazine : » Archive for california sidecar

Just reread the article, and this is old news as the fire was in May. Sorry to clutter up the posting.

Silver

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask and you shall receive. Please don't scream, please don't yell & please don't ban me.
It has won 14 trophies since 2006 to 2009. Yes, its a GW. That is all of what's left of my collection.

Attachments

• wing.jpg
    wing.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 68
Ask and you shall receive. Please don't scream, please don't yell & please don't ban me.
It has won 14 trophies since 2006 to 2009. Yes, its a GW. That is all of what's left of my collection.

LOL you must have froze when I asked for a picture. LOL
Im a believer of "Those that ride. Let them decide". As long as your not riding a moped. I'll ride along with you.

zoood

Back