free website stats program Are you ready for riding season yet ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Are you ready for riding season yet ?

murf

Just got my FXR back from shop, 2 visits in last 30 days for what turned out to be 2 different problems. Spitting, sputtering, stalling and won't start. Flushed tank 3 times, replaced petcock, rebuilt carb. and Ign. system. Had trash in tank and float bowl, extended wires to accomodate 10" apes, repaired dead short under tank caused by short wires to handlebars and replaced ign. system that fried itself. Got it home and changed oil and trans. fluid. I am ready for Summer...yay.

So bad that in the last week time would only allow for a whopping 10 miles.
Tired of waiting....

I'm in Massachusetts and had mine out or the barn 3 times already! Only short one hour rides but enough to get out there! When temps are in th elow 40s I get cold quick!

Just got my FXR back from shop, 2 visits in last 30 days for what turned out to be 2 different problems. Spitting, sputtering, stalling and won't start. Flushed tank 3 times, replaced petcock, rebuilt carb. and Ign. system. Had trash in tank and float bowl, extended wires to accomodate 10" apes, repaired dead short under tank caused by short wires to handlebars and replaced ign. system that fried itself. Got it home and changed oil and trans. fluid. I am ready for Summer...yay.

Well that sounded like a pain...Did your gas go bad?

Don't know Mat. I'm finding that the orig. owner wasn't too keen on maint. I expected some oddball stuff because my friend ( the second owner ) only put 1600+ miles on in 6+ yrs. Some of the sitting and not being ridden probably contributed, but, I have to remain positive and figure the stuff I do now won't be needed again any time soon.

Back