free website stats program Are the 2012 Ultra's speed limited... | Harley Davidson Forums

Are the 2012 Ultra's speed limited...

lakeforktx

Do they cut off at a certain speed ? Or can you just wind em up to they quit pulling ? my 04 never cut off on me ..Don't plan on going that fast, but was wondering..:s

Harleys are not speed restricted. The rev limiter kicks in around 5,500 rpm in any gear. You will have to have some $$$ in the engine to get the Ultra to pull those kind of rpm's in 6th. Most Harleys will go faster in 5th than 6th.

Do they cut off at a certain speed ? Or can you just wind em up to they quit pulling ? my 04 never cut off on me ..Don't plan on going that fast, but was wondering..:s

You mean like a crotch rocket?:bigsmiley20::bigsmiley20::bigsmiley20::lolrolling:lolrolling:lolrolling:lolrolling:lolrolling:lolrolling

I do not know what the corrected speed is but by reading the speedo my 2008 EG Standard all stock quite pulling at 110mph and was up against a wall and the throttle was pinned.......:small3d031:

I kind of hate to admit this, but here goes. My 09 ultra with the stage one download was still climbing at 120 when I said enough, so I'm curious too. Anybody else know just how far they'll go?

Flat, you must be about 200lbs. lighter than me(225),be going down hill,w/50mph tailwind. Not calling you a fibber but my o9 ultra is set up just as yours and if I can get 110 at best if I'm lucky. Really don't need any more. Had a 98FB 80" stock except for HSR42 and EV38 cam and I never had the guts to take it over 140 and it had more than that.

Stage1,254 cams with 4* advance ,stage 1 download and TFI .
138 MPH with the tourpak and bags removed.
This was consistant on four runs on a closed course.

Back