free website stats program Ape hangers.... | Harley Davidson Forums

Ape hangers....

brderj

I have been doing some research, which is coming up empty, and I tried to research a thread similar to this subject so if I missed it I apologize for wasting time. I'm looking to do something different to set my Crossbones apart from the others and I would like some different ape hangers. I saw some during the great summer riding, I think the best way to describe them is Z ape hangers. The Z was at the top, not the bottom. I can't seem to find them online and I have never seen them at any of the Harley shops I've been too. Any ideas? I'm sorry, I really have no idea what I'm talking about, I just have the idea. All I know is that when you go to bigger bars you need longer cables. Would that be an issue with the mini apes I have now? I don't even know how high to go. I'm 6'2, I have a decent reach so I think 15 or below would be fine, maybe I'm wrong? Thanks for any help I get.

Ride safe,

Jay

Do you think going to a height of 15" I would have to extend the cables from the mini apes?

There is a 2" rule for changing out bars. Measure your current bars and measure the new bars. If the difference is more than 2" then you will need to add to your wiring and cables.
There are wiring kits available to make the wiring pretty easy if you need to do it.

Thats awesome, thanks for the advice. Someone told me that the instal could run upwards of $600....I may just forgo new handlebars in that instance. :D

Back