free website stats program Ape hangers on a Road King | Harley Davidson Forums

Ape hangers on a Road King

Pistol Pete

Hi All, kind of a weird request, but I want to throw on some apes on my Road King, but not too sure what size (I was thinking some where between 12.5"-14" in the 1 1/4"). I'm 6'1" . So before I fork out some $ for something I'm not happy with could someone post some pics of their RK with apes?. Now here is the weird request, everyone posts pics of their bike with apes installed but none with them sitting on it.......I just want to see the relation between the bar rise and shoulder height. :D
Thanks

These are 12.5 mini apes. I absolutely love them. One of the best modifications I have made to my 07 FLHRC.

I am 6 foot tall.

Attachments

• Apes.JPG
    Apes.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,025
  • Apes 1.JPG
    Apes 1.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 764
Last edited:
Thats what I'm looking for! :bigsmiley12::bigsmiley12:
Perfect thanks alot.
Can I ask what kind of apes are they and where you got them?

Thanks again

Pistol Pete

The best thing to do is go to the HD dealer and have him take a few pairs outside and hold them up while you sit on your bike.

I am 5'10" and when I sat on my friends Deluxe, his 16" apes felt great. But his bike sets lower in the saddle area than my '05 RK did so when I tried out a few pairs, I ended up going with 19" apes and my arms were at the same level as when I was on my friend's bike. I'd post pics, but I don't have any and I just traded it in on an new bike. Sorry.

Also, just FYI - the apes, cables and hardware cost me about $600. The dealer wanted over $900 to install them. I did it myself in about 5 hours. Not hard, just tedious.

Can I ask what kind of apes are they and where you got them?

Brother, I would love to tell you; however, I have no idea what brand they are? Only one of the reasons why I am still looking for a new scooter shop for major repairs.

For example:
Cams - yes, two
Pushrods - yes four
etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...:bigsmiley19:

I ran 15" Carlini's on my 05 and they Looked and rode awesome, just make sure you go 11/4".
Fly em high.
can't do it on my FLTRSE3

I have a set of 12.5" Apes on my Roadking, Love them they are 1 1/4" Burly bars. Just the right height I am 5'10" :D I would like to put something higher on the streetglide but have to wait and see what there is for the fly by wire:(

I've got an '07 Road King and I installed the Burley 12.5 also.
They made a world a difference on long trips, no more shoulder or neck pain after installation and I've done 700 and 800 mile a day trips.

Guys a serious quetion, do your arms and shoulders not get tired and sore over a long distance ride?

Back