free website stats program ape hanger install | Harley Davidson Forums

ape hanger install

buckeye78

im installing 12 inch ape hangers on my 07 sportster 883. can anyone tell me what length cables and brakelines i will need and also any tips or advice i may be able to use... i tried asking my local harley shop and they were no help at all...

Hey are those apes narrow glides? I'm getting ready to do the same thing(12" Narrow Glides) on my 05 sporster. I plan on keeping my stock riser do you ? I purchased the following:

54" brakeline
60"clutch cable
34.5" throttle/idle

I just installed 1" narrow apes on my 07 1200c.
had plenty of time because of the snow here in Vermont. so i internal wired while I was at it. what a pia but so worth it. only problem is now i find out that bars are 4" over legal hight here in VT. Does anyone know where the best prices for new lines and cables are?
Allen

i just installed 16 in apes on my 2000 sportster.if your lines are not stock then you should measure the lines that are currently on the bike. set the apes on the bike how you want them.have someone hold them up for you in that position, and measure the remaining distance from the old cables, to the new height.give the dealer the measurements of the current lines then + whatever the difference is for the new handle bars.i find it easier to use a string to measure the curves and distance, then measure the string out for an accurate distance.if the lines are in fact stock, then just set your bars up and measure the distance from the stock lines and tell them +whatever the lenght is on stock. hope this helped out some. dont forget youll have to lenghthen the wiring on it too and if you plan on keeping front brakes youll have to extend that too.good luck

Back