free website stats program Anyone with 09 Touring | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone with 09 Touring

BuffaloBill

Hello
Lately after installing my TFI the last few days I get a loud 'Poping/backfire after the Bike is parked all night and I go to start it in the mornig.

I spoke to George at Techlusions and he stated that some of the 09's were having issues with the throttle censors The TFI just enhances the issue

He told me to disconnect the TFI and reconnect the 02 censors along with the original fuel injector plugs and see if it continues and if t does take it back to Harley to replace the Throttle censors

Anyone else have this issue just curious

Ride Safe
BuffaloBill

My '09 RK usually pops when I start it. I just put on some Monster Ovals (no ECM adjustment) and it seems better, strangely. I've heard other '09s do the same thing.

Hope you aren't twisting the throttle when starting it. Old habits from the days of carbs are hard to break.

That will throw the ECM settings off.

09 Ultra Classic here, I had the RaceTuner installed with Rush 2.0 and stage 1. No issues before or after installation.

I had a Techlusion installed on my 07 EGC on my last bike and had it removed after about 2 weeks because of issues like that. My HD dealer advises NOT to use Techlusion now.

Whether it's valid or not, I don't know. I hope you find the problem.

Glider
Thanks for the advice I do not twist the throttle when stating the bike I do not know if it was just a few freak incidents but The Poping/Backfiring has not happend after I set the 2ND pod (Yellow) on the TFI to the 1:45pm Setting I reaLLY LIKE THE TFI and Screaming Eagle Air Cleaner Set up 100% Improvement in the performance of the bike.

Riide Safe
BuffaloBILL

Glad it worked out, I hate it when stuff that costs a lot doesn't work.

Got an 09 SG, never had that experience. I went with the SE Pro Super Tuner, so I have no experience with the TFI. Going to work with the software and my laptop a little this weekend.

Back