free website stats program anyone using a tallboy seat? | Harley Davidson Forums

anyone using a tallboy seat?

hello.
i am purchasing an '09 RKC. i already know i hate the seat.
i'm 6'2" and need to scoot back a couple of inches.
i think the tallboy accommodates this ... but how is that seat for long rides???
also, i would like the option of using a rider back rest in the future. again, i think the tallboy accommodates that.
but is it comfortable to sit on?
seems crazy to have to spend the money in order to find out id the seat will work for you.

thanks ...

hello.
i am purchasing an '09 RKC. i already know i hate the seat.
i'm 6'2" and need to scoot back a couple of inches.
i think the tallboy accommodates this ... but how is that seat for long rides???
also, i would like the option of using a rider back rest in the future. again, i think the tallboy accommodates that.
but is it comfortable to sit on?
seems crazy to have to spend the money in order to find out id the seat will work for you.

thanks ...
a road zepplin will accomadate you and is very comfortable , there is some on ebay , they are pricey!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the stealers be prepared to pay around eight hundred , have seen them on ebay for four , good luck

I use a Tallboy with an adjustable backrest on my 06 Ultra and find it to be a vast improvement over the stock seat.

I use a tallboy on my 07' RG and love it. I ride 2up quite a bit and it's very comfortable for passenger as well - got it for $225 @ Surdyke.com. I also added the ergonomic floorboards($65) which give you additional 3 inches of legroom - also rider backrest. I'm only 5' 11'' but like my space, the combination of all 3 make it very comfortable.

had a tallboy seat instaalled before i picked up my 2007 rk from the dealer. im 6feet 1 and i had a left hip replacement so i need more room because i can't lift my leg up and back to shift. the tall boy seat works wonderfully and is comfortable for the long haul. i rode to laconia last year a 400 mile trip without stopping except for gas and the seat was great it even has a cupped portion which acts like a rider backrest it works great and if i were you i'd pick one up right away you wont regret it.
rick j

thanks for that, spartacus. do you use a rider back rest as well?
i've already purchased an extender kit that moves the floorboards out 3/4". that'll be my first install (i hope it's easy to do).
sounds like a tallboy should be next.

I went to my dealer today and saw a 08 tallboy. It did not have a cut for the backrest. The part number was 52099-08. Is the 08 different than the 09 and if so will the 09 fit an 08. I have an 08 and want a backrest.

Ok. I believe I just answered my own question. The 52099-08 is for the 2008. And did not come with the option for a backrest. Although 52099-09 does come with a place for the backrest and also fits 08-09. I tryed one (52099-08) at the dealer today and loved it. I am 6'1". The seat sat me back and lower than the stock seat. SOLD. I ordered it today and should be in on friday for the big 4th of July ride. I also now have an adjustable backrest for sale.

I purchased a tall boy seat for my '09 FLHR on ebay and it arrived today. Can you tell me did you new seat come with a new grab strap between the passenger and driver positions. Pictures in HD book show one and I'm assuming I would not use the one that came with my stock seat. Of course the one I purchased was advertised as new. Did not arrive with a grab strap. Did not receive any instructions either so I don't know if one is definitely to be included. I also thought I saw on this site previously the attachment of this grab strap is not straight forward but could not find instructions again.
Thanks for your help.

Back