free website stats program Anyone Try This??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone Try This???

When I was talking to my dealer about my 09 order, I told him I havent decided on a color yet because they all stink. I asked him if I can get one in the flame blue pearl and all he told me was "no they wont do it". I was wondering if anyone ever tried to order a color that they offered that year on other bikes. It honestly doesnt make sense to me that they offer it on every other touring, softtail, and sportster but they wont offer it on the road glide or street glide?

If I cant get it in this color, I may just get my deposit back and try and find an 07 used since that was much more comfortable for me.

Mike

Have you tried another dealer to see what they say?

I tried the one I made the deposit through and one more. The other said they will do it but charge me for custom paint. He said it would be around 3k extra. When he said that, I said thanks and walked out. That was from a dealership that is going down in NJ. There are a total of 16 in NJ that will be closed by spring. Im going to call my dealer today and see if they put the order in with the Flame Blue Pearl paint what would happen. Im not paying 20k to settle for a color.

Mike
New Jersey

There's always an option to order the tins in the color you want them in from the custom paint section of HD and sell the new tins you get on the bike if you are really stuck on having that color.

There's always an option to order the tins in the color you want them in from the custom paint section of HD and sell the new tins you get on the bike if you are really stuck on having that color.

True. But why should I have to pay when its offered on other models, and not one model for that matter, a good 70% of thier line use this color. Thats what bugs me. I shouldnt have to pay for a color that they already offer. I can see if I wanted a color from a previous year, then I wouldnt mind paying. Im already paying 20k for a motorcycle for pleasure. I should be able to get what I want. Especially since its being built specifically for me, not sitting on the showroom floor waiting for someone to buy it.

Mike
New Jersey

True. But why should I have to pay when its offered on other models, and not one model for that matter, a good 70% of thier line use this color. Thats what bugs me. I shouldnt have to pay for a color that they already offer. I can see if I wanted a color from a previous year, then I wouldnt mind paying. Im already paying 20k for a motorcycle for pleasure. I should be able to get what I want. Especially since its being built specifically for me, not sitting on the showroom floor waiting for someone to buy it.

Mike
New Jersey

A few misconceptions here...

Because it's offered on some models and not others, that's the way the company works, this isn't something new. It's NOT like a car where you order what you want on it as far as options. They offer limited color choices on some models and more on others.

NONE of the Harleys are built to the buyers specs by the factory, ie, colors and options. Most all are dealer installed at an additional price usually.

If you want something out of the norm, they rip your lungs out for it or you don't get it, very simple to understand...It's a Harley!

It also has to do with the way the production lines are set up in the factory. I work for a large automaker and it is the same way. In the paint department the vehicles have to go down certain lines with color robots. These robots use large amounts of paint and usually only one color runs through a line. It is too cost prohibative to put special colors in these robots for one unit. Would mean purging out the robot and lines. Most times a unit of one type (ie: Ultra) will not run down the line of different unit (ie: RG) I would use gliders suggestion of ordering the special tins and selling yours on eBay.

A few misconceptions here...

If you want something out of the norm, they rip your lungs out for it or you don't get it, very simple to understand...It's a Harley!

ROTFLMAO!!! SO well put.
I guess if we're dumb enough to pay this much for an MC, we're also dumb enough to spring for custom paint, buying other tin, etc. etc.

Thanks for cracking me up!

Bone:lolrolling

The ones I been to are: Bergen Harley Davidson (most likely buy my bike from them), Kosco HD, Ocean county HD (going to be closed), Liberty HD (going to be closed) and Barbs HD (going to be closed). My dealership showed me where they arent meeting thier quota and MOCO advised they will be closed if they dont meet it. I noticed alot of dealerships are doing a "spring delivery" program. That is what Im doing to get mine. When I went to Ocean to look at a used 07, they were asking 17399 for it, when I offered them 15500 for it, they said they would take it. Guess they are starving for some sales. So I am in limbo between that and the hardtail 09 SG. The 07 runs so much nicer than the 09 on the bumps and the seat is 10x more comfortable.

Barb's?? I can't believe Camden County HD will be closing!
That really saddens me....Barb is a DOLL, (yes, both ways! great girl, GREAT looking!) and I feel really bad about hearing this.
What a shame!!
Hope you're wrong Mike!

I hope the dealer is wrong too. I hope they all stay open. Gives me more places to find good customer service. I dont mind traveling to get good customer service. Only time will tell.

Back