free website stats program Anyone raise the Deluxe up 1" | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone raise the Deluxe up 1"

tuccandler

I have an 09 FLSTN and want to raise it up 1/2 to 1 inch. Has anyone used the new lowering kit to do this. With the shaft threaded all the way up I was thinking that I could shorten the rods to get my height back.

Game plan is:
Use lowering kit on rear shocks to shorten rods. Trying to get to the heritage height.
Drop in a monotube progressive compressed gas cyl into front end (Standard Heritage height)

I think the outcome will be a FLSTN at standard FLSTC height with a superior Progressive front end.

Comments welcomed, I am open to new ideas.

Thanks,
RC

Sounds reasonable, don't know anything about it though. You might try looking at some 2" longer front tubes. I've seen guys do this to gain ground height. On a (non WG) Dyna it's fairly inexpensive by just substituting WG tubes and springs which are 2" longer than the other Dynas.

If you have to buy tubes from after market they are a bit higher in price. The Night Train models have more rake (like the WG) but not sure if they have the same tubes as your Heritage.

Makes sense to me that this could be done, buuuuut why go with the lowering kit to make the bike higher. I would think that all need to do is adjust the stock shock tips in to make the bike taller, using the lowering kit adjusters will not let you bring them in as much as they are longer. (that make sense?)

Makes sense to me that this could be done, buuuuut why go with the lowering kit to make the bike higher. I would think that all need to do is adjust the stock shock tips in to make the bike taller, using the lowering kit adjusters will not let you bring them in as much as they are longer. (that make sense?)

Installing kit upside down. You will still have the shock angle and ride quality compromised. Why not see if there is a optional rear tire size that would give you the height increase needed.

Back