free website stats program Anyone going to Thunder Beach trailering through Birmingham? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone going to Thunder Beach trailering through Birmingham?

ChiroRick

Me and a buddy are planning to ride down to PCB for Thunder Beach. My dad is having his bike shipped down here (permanently...they are moving here next fall, and already have a few trips planned here this summer, and he'd rather have the bike here instead of New Jersey!). Anyway, his back doesn't allow him to ride more than a few hours without causing him serious pain, so I don't see him being able to ride from Birmingham to PCB. Before I got him to see a chiropractor, he was on the verge of selling his bike because he couldn't ride at all, so a couple hours is better than nothing!

Anyway, if there is anyone trailering their bikes to Thunder Beach that will be traveling through Birmingham, AL, and you have extra room for my Dad's 94 Softail Custom, we would be happy to help pay a good portion of your fuel expenses in exchange for taking his bike. I'll probably have him fly down, or drive down from birmingham, and he can ride while he is there.

Get back to me. Thanks!

hey rick well be traveling thru Birmingham but my 6x12 trailer is on set up for 1 bike dont even know if you could get 2 in it if i could come up with a trailer for 2 bikes i wouldnt mind at all.that is usally where we stay the first nite on the way down

This is just another fine example of what makes this forum the best on the net. Members helping members.

Now we just need a member in the Birmingham area with a two bike trailer.

I have had my EGC and the FXRS in a 6 x 12 enclosed. Bigger bike in first and as far to the left and forward as possible,small bike toward the rear and as far to the right as possible.You can still get in the side door to tie down the front ends this way.
All that is needed is 2 wheel chocks and 6-1200lbs. floor mount D-Rings.

that would work also im not opposed to unloading and loading into another trailer.if we can make this work i truly not opposed at all.were staying at the hampton inn on thomas dr.ill ck my trailer and see about the ring set up in floor.
i wouldnt want to damage mine or anybody else s bike

I'll talk to my dad and see what he wants to do. We're still in the planning stages...when I say planning, I mean trying to get everyone else to actually commit. I'll hop on my bike and go alone, but organizing a trip for 3 people is more of a hassle than anything else.

I'll get back to you on it. I appreciate it!

rick keep me posted ill be traveling with the wife if we can be an assistance let us know or if you and others go maybe we can hook-up somewhere down there for a beverage or two. have you been to thunder beach before ?

rick keep me posted ill be traveling with the wife if we can be an assistance let us know or if you and others go maybe we can hook-up somewhere down there for a beverage or two. have you been to thunder beach before ?

thanks bud. Talked to my dad last night and he's considering just renting a bike when he gets down there. I'll keel you posted. A beer or two sounds good. This will be my first Thunder Beach rally!

sounds good rick you might want to ck when we were there in 2010 they were going to build a new hd store in panama city i feel sure there probably finished by now but the rentals will probably go pretty quick

Back