free website stats program Anyone going to New Bern, NC | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone going to New Bern, NC

Highmiles

... for the Rally this weekend? I will be there Saturday afternoon. I hate Myrtle didn't want us any more, now I don't want Myrtle anymore. Probably never ride there again.

Most of the people around Charlotte still going to Myrtle Beach... going south of Myrtle Beach in the Murrells Inlet, Pawleys Island area. My business is located on one of the routes to the beach and today was the start of the bike traffic. There were several hundred bikes today headed to Myrtle Beach Rally. I know of some people already there and they said just a little slower than last year but a lot of people are there. We will go down Friday and stay for the week-end.

There was a news clip on TV this morning.. a lot of bikes there. Everyone is trying to stay out of the city limits. Downtown Myrtle Beach is one way traffic from 2 PM until midnight now through the week-end on the main drag. Estimates so far say expecting maybe 75% of crowd from last year. Traffic citations are running ahead of last year with fewer bikes...mostly loud pipes and new helmet law WITHIN tHE CITY LIMITS ONLY.

New Bern was pretty much a bust. It seems most still went to Myrtle Beach, and the rain turned the location into a mud hole. Only about 7 vendors showed up, and there was less dealer participation than I expected. Many were leaving because of a room shortage.

Back