free website stats program Anyone from VA or TN area | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone from VA or TN area

scrinch

In Maine in the winter it is essential to think SPRING. so we are planning a trip to VA and TN for the month of April on RKC sidecar rig and just wondered if anyone out there has any great rides or destinations in those states? I am a photographer so I am looking for scenic areas although my wife does insist on a trip to Dollywood! I have a trip to Great Smokey Natl Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway planned.
Thanks .

Don't know where in VA you'll be but think Skyline drive!

And avoid Rte 66 during weekdays like the plague unless you enjoy being stuck in traffic until your scoot runs outta gas you die of old age and the vultures come to pluck the flesh off your bones...

People I know who have to take that route to work often refer to it as "The world's biggest parking lot."

Moe.

We hope to be in Va & TN about a month. I will probably leave the coast until another trip. We live on the coast of Maine so for vacation we want to go to the mountains. With a sidecar twisties are more like work than fun, especially with someone in the hack but if the view is good I am into it.

I'm from east tn. pm me when you get ready to come down to tn., I'll take you around on some rides there are hundreds of places to ride. stephen

scrinch,

Crabtree Falls, VA would be a nice plac to take pictures. Route 56 is twisty curvy but is a real nice ride up or down the mountain, you can get to it from the Blueridge Parkway.

522 from Winchester, VA south is real pretty, nice road not to curvy.

Let me know when you are going to be in VA and maybe I could show you around, I live just west of Richmond. I have 4 day weekends every week. I could shot you my Aprril schedule.

Steve

Sidecars on real curvy roads equals work. Not like a 2 wheel in the twisties. Although I will have to see the Dragon I will probably not slay it

Thanks for the suggestions

We are still in the planning stage but basically will plan to work our way up the Blue Ridge Pkwy from the Smokey Natl. park heading North to The Shenadoah.
Probable side trips to Montecello and perhaps Colonial Williamsburg. It would be cool to get together if anyone wants to ride with old slow dude and dudette plus Boston Terrier that wears goggles and a helmet and thinks she is really bad.

Attachments

• persis 2.jpg
    persis 2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
If you head over to Colonial Wiliamsburg, go southeast out of Richmond and take 10 to Sury, left on 31 and take the ferry across the James to Jamestown. Then take the Colonial Parkway over to Colonial Williamsburg. On the way back take 5 to Richmonnd. This route takes you though a bunch of old plantation proporties, We do this ride at least a couple times a year. ""AND"" its not to twisty..... lol

Would enjoy going riding with yall if we can arange it

Thats one cool dog

Back