free website stats program Anyone else here with '79 FLH? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone else here with '79 FLH?

truckmen

Account Removed
Wow!
Figure for me to end up with the rarest years for parts.
I rode my 1000 Sportster 40 miles and in the process, destroyed my generator. I have no idea how it happened but one of the brush sleeves twisted and gouged up the armature while destroying the other brush and retaining sleeve. So, now I am looking for a new armature, sleeves, brushes as well as the plate the sleeves are mounted to, and some wiring that also got chewed up.

That's not all. :-(
I went to start the ole gal to move her back into the garage, and in the process somehow tore the starter up. I haven't opened anything up yet to see what happened there but it sure sounded bad when I hit the starter.
I will post some photos if there is a way to do so here, to better explain what happened.

OK, so, here is the reason for the post:
Are there any sources for used parts for this year and type of HD, and are there any sources located near me in Maine?

I am "kinda" bummed since I hadn't ridden in 25 years. last week was the first time I am back on a bike. But for those short few hours, it was sheer joy! And I can't wait to get back out there.

Today, I also found out that I am effectively laid off of work. ha ha, good thing I planted a "victory" garden. Oh well, I still have my health.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Ralph

Last edited:
Re: Anyone else here with '79 XLH?

Shoulf I assume you meant to name the thread XLH, not FLH? Big difference....

:eam

Did I say FLH??? Whooops. Of course XLH. Is there still a chance to edit the subject?

Last edited:
Back