free website stats program anybody from america etc been to england | Harley Davidson Forums

anybody from america etc been to england

I was there many times in the air force. I didn't care to much for London but the countryside ws beautiful and the people were great. I loved all the history that your country has.Beautiful place and hope to someday make it back there.

Been there many times... used to do a lot of business there. First of all I am a big history buff and I enjoy seeing buildings still standing that is older than when our country was discovered. For me I like the UK and it's people a lot. Being in my late 50's I am not fond of how casual our dress and manners or lack there of have become the norm here. Your country has a rich history and speak the King's..or should I say the Queen's english which I find I understand more than anyone under 30 here in the USA.

hi scuba glad you liked it . all my cousins were in the american airforce and were stationed at newbury and evesham

whmi i am afraid that the kids over here now think they are gangsters :(i found americans very nice didnt meet a bad one . the younger generation have no respect and dont like working hard .have you been to cheshire or derbyshire lots of history here . funny thing is i love everything american

Last edited by a moderator:
whmi i am afraid that the kids over here now think they are gangsters :(i found americans very nice didnt meet a bad one . the younger generation have no respect and dont like working hard .have you been to cheshire or derbyshire lots of history here . funny thing is i love everything american

We of course always visited London... many times stayed there and traveled by train to visit our business contacts. We actually traveled to Manchester to visit a factory there. We also had a customer up in the lake district.. I think it was Morecambe.....

Was there in the 90's right after Diana died. Pulled into Portsmouth with the submarine I was on. Took a bus to London and spent a day there. Most of the day was looking around and finding a shop for a t-shirt. Definitely plenty of history, not enough time on the trip to enjoy it. We did go to Scotland for 10 days and the country was beautiful wish I could have had a bike to tool around on. Someday I'll go back, maybe I'll get there with my current job we have people traveling there all the time.:s

what factory whmi?

There was two UK businesses we used to work with..

Bemrose... was an old printing company now out of business. The other one Storey's Transprint UK ..also now out of business. We also sold to a company in the same area Fleetbest Ltd. was also located in the same area.

England is my second favorite country(after USA). We've been three times and if we had alot more money we would have been alot more times.The people are great and there is so much to see.:gh

Back