free website stats program Anybody doing a New Years Day Ride? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anybody doing a New Years Day Ride?

cowboywildbill

A few of us try to get together and ride on New Years Day.
I think some of the local LEO's are going out for a while.
I have to work from 3am until 12pm New Years Day.
Hopefully they will be to hung over to go out until I get home from work.
"Ha Ha" Ride safe if you go out. We will be around the Frederick, Md. area if we get it together.:D

hubby and i rode last year 100 miles round trip with our local h.o.g. chapter. temp was 27 when we started and not any warmer when we got home. sure was alot of fun though. we are planning on it again this year unless the salt is still on the roads. was all washed off but it has been snowing this afternoon and evening so may have to just follow in the vehicle. time wll tell. ride safe and stay warm as you can if you get to ride.

My local HOG chapter in TN has a New Years Day ride, called the Polar Bear Ride. Last year it was 54 degrees, global warming I guess :) Since I'm not in TN this year, I plan on riding with the Tucson HOG Chapter. Hopefully, it will be even warmer than TN :D

I've got to hope for above freezing weather if I plan a ride. We got over an inch of rain on Xmas and now about 2 inches of snow. Everything is ice. Now the salt comes out, so my baby is staying on the hoist for a little while.

i'm riding with local HOG chapter for a 75 mile run and eating at steak house with them, me, dad, uncle, and good friend of ours are riding along, forcasting 29 lows for morning high around 45

60 mile ride into Milwaukee and jump in the lake, Every year they break a big hole in the ice for those that wish to do it. Most take a bus some of us ride the years we can.

Hey smitty -I've seen the pics so I KNOW you ride when the snow is on the ground but are you one of them jumpin in the lake also!!!!!!???!?!?!:small3d014:

Back