free website stats program Any secrets that work for the real mechanics? | Harley Davidson Forums

Any secrets that work for the real mechanics?

stinger56

Hey after a few adult refreshments,,,, what the (EDIT) I have the nerve to ask for some opinions and advice :)
I would like to know if anyone has some opinions on prying off my Cam cover,,,before I say outloud " opps I shouldn't have used thAt technique" lol... yep I have a nice hammer with a soft side and the other side is the harder plastic....Original cover from factory,,, probably baked on there pretty good after 7 years.
I did manage to get all the cover screws out... I just don't want too screw up the important casting zone :)

I actually got the cover off,,,:) my plastic mallet worked after all.. Sometimes I am a bit of (EDIT) lol,, fill in your own blank...all the years i was calibration tech on sensitive pressure gauges...so I am more gentle then I need to be at times lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to bad of a job, just have to break the seal. Remember, patients is the key not a bigger hammer.:)

Such a fine line between being too heavy handed and just right. Glad it worked out!
Let the odds be ever in your favor!

Back