free website stats program Any Last Recommendations before I buy a 2011 EGC? | Harley Davidson Forums

Any Last Recommendations before I buy a 2011 EGC?

So, any last recommendations before I plop down the better part of $20K on an EGC today?

Trading in my '03 Nomad, buying a couple of accessories (cruise, rack, air deflectors)...

Thanks
jack

Try to negotiate some goodies (i.e. gift card, accessories, etc.), be prepared for the extended warranty question and enjoy the new scoot.

The only recommendation from me would be to never look back. You are going to find you have made a great decision.

The only recommendation from me would be to never look back. You are going to find you have made a great decision.

never owned a harley till three years ago and i wonder what took me so long best bikes i have ever owned bar none

Thanks for the replies and encouragement...

I had an XL back when they were 4 speeds and chain drive (a real paint shaker).

My father has an EVO dyna, and has had a Sportster, Electra Glide Ultra, etc. So Harleys are not knew to me, but I personally have not owned a Harley dresser and never came close to spending this much money for a motorcycle.

Frankly, I have not spent more than 21K for any vehicle, car, truck, boat, or otherwise. So I am a bit nervous with the investment.

jack

As others have said - in a nutshell, negotiate for everything you can.

Sounds like you've already decided on the model so be aggressive about:
1) discount on an extended warranty if that interests you
2) discount for any parts and accessories purchased at the same time as the bike
3) many dealers are offering gift cards ($500 or so) for folks buying a new bike
4) 1000 mile service for free

Just a quick list off the top of my head. Have fun today!

With a wife and 2 little boys my Harley Is worth more than my 2003 mini van and a 2008 Merc. It is a risk but a highly successful risk that will lead to many miles of enjoyment and satisfaction. You can not go wrong. It all works out.

Back