free website stats program Any Issues with 2007 or 2008 Road/Street Glides | Harley Davidson Forums

Any Issues with 2007 or 2008 Road/Street Glides

bobbeidel

I'm looking to buy a used Harley (preferably Road Glide or Street Glide). My question is : are there particular years that are better than others or are there issues with certain years. I'm looking at 2007 or 2008. I know the 2009 thru 2011 have the new frame, but may save $$ with a 2008 or 2007.

Thanks,
Bob B

I know what you mean about the new frame. Everyone says it's great. I will watch for and '09 as well as the '08 and '07 and compare prices!
Thanks Smitty -- I did see that you bought the new Road Glide!

I have an 07 FLHX and love it. My only complaint is that if the bike does not have cruise control on it when you get it, you probably will not be able to find it later to add on. I have been looking to add it to my bike but no one has any or is willing to sell. Also the cruise control kit has already been discontinued with no retro fitting going forward. Just a little info I have dug up so far. Other than that I love the Street glide.

Main difference between the 07 and 08

07 has throttle by cable,
08 has throttle by wire

07 has the standard brakes they have used for a number of years.
08 has Bremo brakes and floating disk.

07 has conventional rear pulley assembly.
08 has the IDS system which makes for a smoother ride.

For my 2 cents worth the 08 has some better features.

Apples to oranges there is a big difference between a Road Gildes ride and handling compared to a Street Glide. but I am biased, I have a 08 Road Glide.:D

That's the kind of things I want to know. I would prefer the Road Glide even though some think it looks a little dorky. A better ride means more to me!

Thanks for the info!!

I like the Road Glide and expect that will be my next bike. I like the handlebar style (which is what I have on my Road King). I have notice more Road glides out there too!!

I ride a 2008 street glide. When i turn on my signal either left or right my security light will also flash with my turn signal light. Has anyone had this problem before.

07 models check the vin with the dealer to be sure the Torque Smoothing down load has been done:s

Back