free website stats program Any Experience With Muth Signal Mirrors? | Harley Davidson Forums

Any Experience With Muth Signal Mirrors?

RibEye

I'm considering the Muth Signal mirrors (model 220-165). They are a bit pricey, at $300 a set, but I like the idea of folks in my blind spot seeing my intent to turn or change lanes.

Anybody have these?

Enjoy,
Rich P

Update: I ordered the oval ones from CustomDynamics, and they seem to be a class outfit. Various stages of their process are personally signed off, and they leave the signature card in the box with your order. I got around $50 off the price that the manufacturer (Muth) sells them for.

Now to the mirrors...

They are very nicely executed, and look classy. You can hardly tell where the light exits the mirror faces, while the emitters are off. I tested their function with a bench power supply. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the amber emitters to the front, have both, running light and turn signal operation, with a generous difference in light out put between them. The amber fronts are nicely bright in turn signal mode.

The rear-facing red emitters are almost invisible when off, and only come on when turn signal mode is active. When active the light is very bright and clear.

Having dual element running lights on the RKC already, I expect little difficulty splicing these in. I'll do it this weekend and post a couple of pics of the results...

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back