free website stats program Any experience w/these hard saddlebags? | Harley Davidson Forums

Any experience w/these hard saddlebags?

markfsanderson

GA Series Hard Saddlebags

They seem to have a great price . . .I'll have to do some work to hang them - no problem with that . . . I might stick with soft saddle bags for a nicer look . . . but the hard ones seem a little tougher for long distance cruising, camping and etc . . . Any thoughts or experience with these or the company that sells them?

Mark - Thanks! :)

I have no experience to give you on your linked product but if you do "stick with soft saddlebags for a nicer look" as you said then I do have a recommendation.

American Eagle Leatherworks - Saddlebags, Motorcycle Luggage and Accessories

I have a set of this company's Rendezvous bags on the 1995 Heritage that I just bought. The previous owner put them on and they are solid construction. They will never need a saggy bag kit.

Here is a link to my Heritage picture album with the bags that I have pictured on the bike. The previous owner put these on the bike years ago. I am very impressed with them. They are HARD bags!

1995 FLSTN Heritage Softail Special Nostalgia Harley Davidson Community

Wow - those are nice! A bit high on the $$ for me right now . . . maybe a pair of throw over saddle bags . . .

Mark - Thanks!:p

No experience with those, but I think they look nice and the price seems very reasonable.

Somebody has a bagger in their future......................:D

Mark I've seen those bags for sale at various places. They ain't bad but they ain't quite as stiff as fiberglass hardbags. That's not a big deal to most folks but just trying to give you the low down on them. They are made of ABS type plastic. They are well worth the money they sell for (if you've priced any other hard bags they start around $400 up to $1000 for a pair).

But be aware you might end up replacing the locks on them since I know some folks that bought these bags and they said the locks are cheap and don't work sometimes. But you could always just screw in a small brass hasp and pad lock.

I was planning on buying something like these someday and cutting a void out of them to clear my shocks and patching them up with fiberglass. But that's a project down the road.

If you want hard bags and don't want to pay a fortune those ain't a bad deal, but be aware of the above info. I've seen them at Amazon for $119 but I think they sold out of um. I'll try to google around cause I saw the manufactures site once and they were selling them for something like that also.

If you just buy throwovers you can mount them to your fender braces just like hard bags and you can stiffen them with pleixglass sheets on the inside from Ace hardware. I did all that on my cheapo throwovers. I got tired of the throwover harness rubbing the paint off my rear fender.

Search this forum I did a pic of the bag modifications somewhere on here. But eventually hardbags are the way to go, they are just so much more of every department of functionality.

Yes that's it (thanks Joe).

Mark that MUTAZU link that Joe posted are the folks that make these bags. They have quite a few things for sale at that sight.

Yep they are actually made by Mutazu

I have a couple of friends that have their "LN" bags and they are not to shabby for the price and got the job done for them and they seem to be happy with them.

Ohh and I actually put this trunk on my daughters scooter (College campus transportation)
MUTAZU Motorcycle Trunks and she loved it

Last edited by a moderator:
Great - thanks guys! Now that I've moved my rear signals . . . I can now start thinking seriously about some bags . . .

Mark - Thanks!

Back