free website stats program Any Advice | Harley Davidson Forums

Any Advice

abels

its on a 2004 883 xl took it to ohio and back to pa 741 miles all together i parked it over night went ot get on in the morning and dead charged the batter for about 4 hours started it left it off the trickle charger. I went out this morning nothing, i have it on the tender now plan on leaving it for 10 hours to charge is this the right thing?

Also Im thinking of converting it to a 1250 any know a good place to get a kit

how old is the battery? Is the charging system working? When the bike is running put a multimeter on it and read the voltage should be around 12.5 or better

The battery is less than a year old, Im wondering if i got it wet i rode 200 miles of the 741 in rain lol..ouch had to to stop and get a cover for my face. I checked the voltage im at 13.5 i didnt know if the long ride then parking it for a day and half casued it to drain. what do i know need to get caught up on my biker mechanics.. thanks for the adivce.

Thanks I read that before i posted that thread but I have to get a little more into to it i guess thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks hobbit that has been a site I've been keeping my eye on seems like the best place to get what I'm looking for.

Thanks hobbit that has been a site I've been keeping my eye on seems like the best place to get what I'm looking for.

Above all, get the main problem fixed and everything stable before modifying your bike. You will spend a lot less time troubleshooting down the line...:s

Back