free website stats program Any advice on getting bike fixed | Harley Davidson Forums

Any advice on getting bike fixed

bignew

this past sunday on a beautiful day i had a guy pull out and hit me then he fled the scene. hopefully insurance company fixes it well, also any advice for dealing with road rash:(

Re: any advice on getting bike fixed after accident

Id say antibiotic ointment Glad u in one piece. rest up...

Find out if your Harley shop has a rewards program. I got $850 put on my card after getting the hog rebuilt after an accident.

Find out if your Harley shop has a rewards program. I got $850 put on my card after getting the hog rebuilt after an accident.

Great idea! You never come out with the insurance companies, but this way you might come close.

Glad to here youre ok.I have a couple of thoughts as I deal with insurance appraisers daily in the auto body field.

1.Determine for yourself how bad the damage seems to be and if you want it fixed or totaled.

2.Bring it to a Harley dealer as they have the best leverage to get you a quality repair.They also can argue to total it if thats what you want.

3.If a shop is slow they will do almost anthing to repair the bike, even if it shouldnt be.Protect yourself by requesting to see the bike and repair order at its final teardown stage (before the repair begins).This is your 1st and only chance to truely know the extent of the damage and determine for yourself if the bike should be fixed.After repairs begin, its too late.

thanks for the advice. i havent got a good look at the bike yet but all my friends think it is fixable. my wife even stated you look worse than the bike:p. based on witness reports i put myself and bike in best position to not take on more injury or damage. a good friend told me to get an estimate and he would do all the repairs and we could put labor charges into upgrades. so far insurance company has been okay but a friend suggested i still get an attorney. i just wish the driver who fled the scene would get caught.

Take it to a good Harley Shop for an est, at least they will cover their repairs and it will be put back original...

Take it to a good Harley Shop for an est, at least they will cover their repairs and it will be put back original...

Agree on that, but watch the estimate and make sure they will be using OEM parts or the same custom parts you installed and ask for your old parts back JMO

thanks for the advice. i havent got a good look at the bike yet but all my friends think it is fixable. my wife even stated you look worse than the bike:p. based on witness reports i put myself and bike in best position to not take on more injury or damage. a good friend told me to get an estimate and he would do all the repairs and we could put labor charges into upgrades. so far insurance company has been okay but a friend suggested i still get an attorney. i just wish the driver who fled the scene would get caught.

Just to give you a heads up.Your friend may have good intentions,and you may make out if all goes well. The reality is this.

As a rule insurers train there appraisers to write the visible damage only as they count on people cashing the check,never to be heard from again.In the event you take it apart and discover "hidden damage" they are not obligated to deal with "your friend".

Unless you have the bike at a registered shop you are on the hook for the extra.Just an FYI.

Back