free website stats program Another Wheel Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Another Wheel Question

fxdc1951

Will the wheels off a 2009 Low Rider fit a 2011 Super Glide Custom? Is it a simple swap, or do things need to be "adapted"? I have a buddy who wants to swap his 2009 Low Rider wheels for my 2011 FXDC spokes. But I only want to do it if it's a simple bolt up switch.

Will the wheels off a 2009 Low Rider fit a 2011 Super Glide Custom? Is it a simple swap, or do things need to be "adapted"? I have a buddy who wants to swap his 2009 Low Rider wheels for my 2011 FXDC spokes. But I only want to do it if it's a simple bolt up switch.

Should be a straight swap. The Parts and Accessories catalog calls the wheel design a "Switchblade" and says it will fit the 2008 and up Dynas, with a few model exceptions. The catalog sells a chrome version of the wheels, very nice, but the stock Low Rider is the same.

Does say you will need to swap out the front floating brake rotor, and it would be a good idea to inspect and possibly replace the bearings. Both models use the same bearing kits so their should not be a fitment issue.

Photos, before and after, always appreciated.

Silver

Back