free website stats program Another True Believer | Harley Davidson Forums

Another True Believer

I've been monitoring the discussions about the usage and specifics of the most popular oil types and I know this has been debated to death but, I just wanted to share my recent experiences.

After having my bike serviced by the dealer at the 1000 mi. (dealer recommended change to Syn3 in all holes, so I tried it) I drove the bike for next 1500 miles and tried to closely monitor performance. Only real change I saw was that the trans shifted a little better than before, but I started to see more false shifts (neutral) than before.

At 2500 miles I decided to heed the advice given by glider and others so changed to Harley Formula + in the primary, Mobil 1 V-Twin 20-50W in the crankcase, and Spectro Platinum 6-speed 75-140W in the trans. I have to say I did not expect the difference in fluids to be as dramatic as it has been. Transmission shifts quietly and firmly with a reassuring "clunk" instead of a loud, disconcerting "clank". Engine noise is so quiet that at speed I can only hear the exhaust, overall vibration seems to be less, engine seems smoother, and fuel mileage has improved slightly.

It's like I have a whole different bike. Don't get me wrong the bike is great, but it just got a whole lot better! So, thanks to glider, hobbit, and the rest - I'm a believer:majesty

Just finally did the same to mine today. Haven't done the oil yet, since that was just serviced, but when to Formula+ in the Primary and Spectro 6 in the tranny. Overall, was pleased out how easy it was to do, decided against getting the lift and just put the jiffy on a 2x4, worked like a charm. Anway, should be able to ride it on Tuesday, looks like rain the next couple of days here. I'll let you know how mine turned out. Father-in-law is coming up this weekend for a ride, so I should put plenty of miles on it this week. Can't wait to see the difference.

I've been monitoring the discussions about the usage and specifics of the most popular oil types and I know this has been debated to death but, I just wanted to share my recent experiences.

After having my bike serviced by the dealer at the 1000 mi. (dealer recommended change to Syn3 in all holes, so I tried it) I drove the bike for next 1500 miles and tried to closely monitor performance. Only real change I saw was that the trans shifted a little better than before, but I started to see more false shifts (neutral) than before.

At 2500 miles I decided to heed the advice given by glider and others so changed to Harley Formula + in the primary, Mobil 1 V-Twin 20-50W in the crankcase, and Spectro Platinum 6-speed 75-140W in the trans. I have to say I did not expect the difference in fluids to be as dramatic as it has been. Transmission shifts quietly and firmly with a reassuring "clunk" instead of a loud, disconcerting "clank". Engine noise is so quiet that at speed I can only hear the exhaust, overall vibration seems to be less, engine seems smoother, and fuel mileage has improved slightly.

It's like I have a whole different bike. Don't get me wrong the bike is great, but it just got a whole lot better! So, thanks to glider, hobbit, and the rest - I'm a believer:majesty

I'm glad we converted you to the good life:D

It's nice to see that others can actually see the difference with just a different selection of oils in the bikes.

I'm glad we converted you to the good life:D

It's nice to see that others can actually see the difference with just a different selection of oils in the bikes.

Changing the world, one bike at a time - here's to you :cheers

Does work good dont they .. been running the vtwin and spectro in mine just over 1k miles now ..

I just had my 1000k oil change about a week ago and went with the Syn3 in the engine, Formula + in the tranny and primary.

I'm changing the engine oil to Mobil 1 V-Twin 20/50 as soon as I hit 2500 miles, and the Spectro 6 in the Tranny.

Quick question, anybody know where you can get the Spectro 6 from?

Back