free website stats program Another reminder to keep your eyes open | Harley Davidson Forums

Another reminder to keep your eyes open

Condolences to the family and friends of the Thomas'. Terrible situation.

But this is another example of a cage driver whose actions have resulted in the death and serious injuries of bikers and only been issued a traffic citation! Unbelievable!! "Failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident"?? What is that?!! How about Second Degree Murder or at least Manslaughter. Until there is a significant change in the penalties associated with causing an accident that results in serious injury or death of a motorcyclist, nothing will cause cage drivers to worry about the bikers on the road. If in this case as suggested in the article, drugs or alcohol were involved, the cage driver should rot the rest of her life away in jail.

IMHO,

TQ

Last edited:
I agree with everything my new found friend, TQ , has said. When I'm being tailgated ( whether in my car or on the bike), I can't help thinking that the person doing the tailgating is threatening me just as if he/she had a gun pointed to my head. Morons!. Trouble is, morons can kill us and walk away still being morons. For them, nothing changes. We have to concentrate on our own driving and 'theirs' as well. I'd like to see stiff penalties for lousy driving and a real crack down on tailgaters would help us all.

But this is another example of a cage driver whose actions have resulted in the death and serious injuries of bikers and only been issued a traffic citation! Unbelievable!! "Failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident"?? What is that?!! How about Second Degree Murder or at least Manslaughter. Until there is a significant change in the penalties associated with causing an accident that results in serious injury or death of a motorcyclist, nothing will cause cage drivers to worry about the bikers on the road. If in this case as suggested in the article, drugs or alcohol were involved, the cage driver should rot the rest of her life away in jail.

IMHO,

TQ

I'm sure once all the evidence is in she'll be charged with something. If not criminally, then will most certainly face some serious civil charges. Wrongful death? Pain and suffering? But I doubt there will be any serious jail time unfortunately.

Very very sad situation. Not only is she going to have to live with it, she's going to be broke doing it. Don't get me wrong, I have little sympathy towards the driver of the car.

IMHO,

TQ

july 23, 2007 o was hit head on by one of these morons. i lost my left leg below the knee lost 4 foot of my intestine upper spinal injuries and my femur was cracked in half 3 weeks in the ICU and he got a 300 dollar fine and i got a year of my life taken and over 500 thousand in bills he had no insurance. but im back to workin and ridin

Attachments

• 003_3.jpg
    003_3.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 021_21.jpg
    021_21.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 46FBA87700061891000003B02216525856C9CF090A04090A9F.jpg
    46FBA87700061891000003B02216525856C9CF090A04090A9F.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 18
Back