free website stats program Another quality issue | Harley Davidson Forums

Another quality issue

glyd-n

Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with the grips from HD. this is the second pair of handgrips that seem to come apart just from everyday use. At $90 a pop I expect them to last for more than a year. I have the Aileron grips and the cover is sliding off of the throttle. This seems to be a common problem for me. Does anyone know of any aftermarket grips for the TBW that are of good quality?:52:

I've had no problems with my aileron grips, but then I only average around 6000 miles a year.

I like my Performance Machine grips. The rubber parts are replaceable, and I believe they are only about 8 dollars. Check them out. They seem really well made.

glyd-n; you gotta ease up on the throttle a bit...;-)

I have the HD aileron grips too & so far so good. I do wear gloves when riding (you probably do too), but will definitely update if I have any problems b/c you're correct - they should last. PM does make some good grips & you can look at Kuryakyn too. Let us know if you find something that works...

Question do you use sun screen or hand lotions ?
Some times things you use on your hands eat away the grips I have used and abuse grips they do not wear out that fast there must be a reason

No I don't use sunscreen on my hands. It is the actual grip coming apart from the plastic part that is on the inside. What happens is, after I've ridden for awhile, the outer grip begins to slide off as if it is coming off of the bars. It's like the glue has deteriorated. I don't think this is normal. Especially for 90 bucks.:small3d019::small3d019::small3d019:

i had the same problem with those. like the way the grips feel. not worth a darn if they come off in your hand.

Years ago an old biker told me if I use colgn to make sure my hands are clean. The alcohol in the colgn can eat the grips.

Its only the throttle side, but it has happened on the Willie G grips as well. I could glue the cover back on to the sleeve, like regular grips, but this is very disappointing.

Back