free website stats program Another newb question | Harley Davidson Forums

Another newb question

azdigger

I have a 93 heritage , it has saddlebags and I want to add a backrest for my lady.
She said if I add the backrest she will ride (she is new to riding).
One of the guys at a bike night event said I had to have a "docking kit"
Can someone please tell me what I need , I don't plan on removing the backrest once installed.
Hope this question makes sense .
Thanks

Oem part numbers are as follows
52735-85 upright sisssy bar
52787-92 sideplate right
52788-92 sideplate left
may also need
52771-82 bracket backrest
52541-87 backrest kit with concho black ( i dont know what is all in the kit)

I hope this helps these part numbers are from the 1993/1994 parts list and may have been superseded by newer part numbers

Brian

You Folks are great, found eveything I need , hope to have the backrest and sissy bar on soon.
Best thing I ever did was find my way to this GREAT web site.
Again Thanks

Good stuff in here.
As a lower-cost alternative, you'll find plenty of solutions with aftermarket suppliers as well ...

Mine has the HD stock back rest system. Go to my profile and you can look at an album that has much better pictures than the one to the left (by my name).
Just a FYI as to how it can look.
Welcome to the forum.
John

May want to still consider the fact that the docking kit allows you to remove the backrest if you're heading out solo and want a cleaner looking bike. Gives you more options.

JBC , very nice.......
Dr. Dolittle, I plan on leaving the backrest/sissy bar on for use to hold my pack as I go to events and such.
I am already looking at the Yuma Prison Run , plus others

AZDigger...welcome to the forum. As you know, we are always here to help save you time, labor and money (the latter is optional). H ere is an example...the H-D Parts and Accessories Catalog is free...the 2011 one is out, but it can cost you depending on whether you use it as a desk reference or candy store selection guide. Here is a 2009 PDF (cause latest one not out in PDF yet)i n case you want to whett your appetite...:newsmile093:

http://www.hdtimeline.com/general_tips/10699-2009_harley_davidson_catalog_download.html

Back