free website stats program Another Biker hit | Harley Davidson Forums

Another Biker hit

Last Saturday I was with 10 miles of my house cruising down a fairly busy two lane hwy. Running about 50-55 tring to keep an eye on traffic when a young lady comimg toward me turned left in front of my bike. To be honest I remember nothing. I was knocked out on impact. I started gaining consinous while I was on my way to the Trama center. I can't explain this but nothing was broken. I'm just bruised from head to toe and thankful I was wearing my helmet. The trooper that worked the wrecked stopped to see how I was doing. He to was amazed at my lack of injuriies. He thought I was Dead when he pulled up and saw the bike ripped apart and spread all over the road. Apparently the girl never saw my Red bike, Orange shirt nor heard my Big radius exhaust. So, I'm here at home, lucky to be alive. I need a walker to get around until my badly bruised knees start to heal. Not sure if I'll replace the bike as this was terribly hard on my kids and wife.

I absolutley love this forum as people are always willing to help a fellow bike in need. Many times I've fixed problems saving my cash to enjoy and not hand over to the dealer. Just good people.

Wow, I'm really glad you're okay after that ordeal. Family first is my motto and I honor your commitment to them. Take care!

All too many people are pre occupied on phones or texting while driving and wouldn't see you if you had red blinking lights all over the bike. Glad you're OK, the bike can be replaced if you want to.

Its these stories ya'll keep sharing that keeps me very alert while riding. Never like hearing them but thanks for sharing, I too am glad it did not turn out worse.

As for not replacing the bike with another, if you decide not to I bet the family wouldn't mind replacing it with a boat :D

You Gaurdian Angel was watching over you. Glad things ended up as well as they have for you. The fact you were wearing a helmet says alot. So as you rehab be sure to spend some time on the forum, take care of yourself, and hopefully someday you will be back in the wind again....:)

Heal well WGD...glad to hear you're beaten, but not out & take well needed time to heal. Have a long discussion w/your family & decide what's best for all. Hope to hear you're back in the saddle again someday - good luck!

Glad that you are no worse than you are. Be careful with those knees, they will take some time to heal. :s I bruised my knee caps once and they were tender for many months after, and unfortunately, the same height of my dogs head so she would inadvertently bump into them. :(

Take your time getting back on the road, give the family time to heal also. :s

Just way to many of these posts ! We need to crack down hard on the texting and cell phone laws. I for one wish that using a cell while driving would be a criminal offence. That might help stop people from talking and pay attention to their driving.

Back