free website stats program Anonymous cam timing | Harley Davidson Forums

Anonymous cam timing

cowjammer

I have an 89 Electra Glide classic and it has a hard starting problem. When cold you hit s/switch and it comes to a stop. Then you hit it and it turns freely.When the bike is warm fires right off! My question is I know the original owner had cams installed he told me the make but not the grind. I'm thinking timing problem cuz its getting hot at about 75 miles into the ride let it sit for ten minutes it starts fine...so how can I tell where to time it if I don't know the cam size ? I'd appreciate any suggestions....Thx ,Tom

mine did that and the only cure i found was a set ot compression releases know it starts cold or warm,jel

I'll check into that. But it wont cure the Overheating.I emailed Dude I bought it from to see if he can recall what cams he had installed.So hopefully!
THX jel, This Chevy Davidson is got me scratching my wooden head.

Initial timing setting shouldn't change that much with cam choices unless it's a radical cam and the cranking pressures would be considerably higher and cause a problem starting it. Take a compression test and see what compression you are dealing with, it should tell the story.

Back