free website stats program Andrews 57H cams | Harley Davidson Forums

Andrews 57H cams

ronherman

Is anyone running the Andrews 57h cams with the fullsac xpipe and tts mastertuner? wondering what kinds of numbers i should get out of that combo? how is the valve train noise?

Well the cams came today along with the TTS Mastertune and other misc parts. now waiting on the Fullsac Xpipe. just trying to decide on either the Woods directional or the S&S lifters and adjustable pushrods. then up to Docs for the dyno tuning!!!!

I'm kinda in the same ballpark here with what kind of numbers I should expect out of these cams... I've installed the thundermax ecm... next is Andrews 57h cams... then the last project is taking off the heads and having them ported and either bumping up the compression either by changing pistons or using a .030 comedic head gasket... bike is a 2015 wide glide 103 with v&h vo2 intake and v&h staggered short shots

I am by no means a mechanic but the headwork will definitely make an improvement. Of all the things I did, the most power gain was from the cams. I am running a rush wrath stepped ceramic coated 2 into 1 exhaust with big louie muffler with 2.5 inch baffle.

The 57 cams need compression around 10:1 or a bit better, like 10.2. Same profile at the 37 but with more lift. Without compression and head work in a 103" motor you can expect 95+HP and 100+TQ depending on pipe and tune. Not the best cam choice for a stock or Stage I motor. The 48 cams or the TTS 100 would be better choices IMHO.

Andrews cams are not noisy. If lifter preload is set about .135"-.140" and rocker arm shafts are not moving in the support, should be quiet.

I was punching in numbers in the big boys head porting engine calculator and was finding the intake closing time affects the corrected compression... but the stock compression on an factory 103 is advertized at 9.6:1... the calculator says 10:1with stock settings...go figure the +4 cam gear will help boost the CCP and corrected compression hopefully to a reasonable level

I was punching in numbers in the big boys head porting engine calculator and was finding the intake closing time affects the corrected compression... but the stock compression on an factory 103 is advertized at 9.6:1... the calculator says 10:1with stock settings...go figure the +4 cam gear will help boost the CCP and corrected compression hopefully to a reasonable level

You may not be accounting for deck height and using 86cc for chamber volume. Pistons in the 103" motor are typically down in the cylinder .007"-.009"; varies but that is typical. Chambers are usually 86cc. With those values, the BB calculator will show stock compression to be 9.65; about where it should be. Advancing the cams 4* will help by pushing corrected CR to about 9.1. 9.3-9.6 is more desirable with CCP about 195psi; that's the sweet spot for those cams. Chamber volume on the HD heads can vary; I have seen them measure near 90cc. Advance the cams 4* and check CCP; if above 190psi, chambers might be a bit smaller, like 85cc.

Have to tell you that the Thundermax leaves a lot to be desired as a tuner. You really need a dyno tune to optimize the performance the 57 cams can provide and most tuners don't work with the Tmax.

If/when you do pull the heads, have the ported, set chambers at 83cc, toss the advance key and re-tune.

Back