free website stats program Amsoil, Spectro and Redline | Harley Davidson Forums

Amsoil, Spectro and Redline

Mongo1958

I've been looking into oil and trany oil for a while and have tried Redline, Spectro and M1
I like Spectro, M1 and Amsoil.
Shock proof heavy and amsoil 75w190 are close in specs and near the same price.
Spectro 6 speed 75w140 is almost the same as Amsoil 75w140 and with in $1 of each other.
Amsoil 20w50 is cheaper than Spectro 20w50 but more than M1.

I just hooked up with a local guy in my town to be a dealer. The 25% discount should help.
The bottom line is that I get a good oil for my Harley as well as my other rides.

Guys like Tank and Bubbie have helped me in this desision.
Thanks
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
i've been looking into oil and trany oil for a while and have tried redline, spectro and m1
i like spectro, m1 and amsoil.
Spectro 6 speed 75w140 is almost the same as amsoil 75w140 and with in $1 of each other.
Amsoil 20w50 is cheaper than spectro 20w50 but more than m1.

I just hooked up with a local guy in my town to be a dealer. The 25% discount should help.
The bottom line is that i get a good oil for my harley as well as my other rides.

Guys like tank and bubbie have helped me in this desision.
Thanks
wap.gif

do not use the redline in your tranny. I repeat do not use redline in your tranny.

I've been looking into oil and trany oil for a while and have tried Redline, Spectro and M1
I like Spectro, M1 and Amsoil.
Spectro 6 speed 75w140 is almost the same as Amsoil 75w140 and with in $1 of each other.
Amsoil 20w50 is cheaper than Spectro 20w50 but more than M1.

The bottom line is that I get a good oil for my Harley as well as my other rides.

Guys like Tank and Bubbie have helped me in this desision.
Thanks
WAP.gif
I have ended up with Amsoil in motor and trans. Still using hd syn 1 in primary. Tried a few different products but Amsoil is moderate in price and easy to get.

Amsoil's good stuff...our Uncle was a dealer many moons ago & used it in all his vehicles on the farm (tractors, combines, cars, lawnmower, etc.). We bought the cycle & snowmobile oil from him and I have no complaints.

Why? I have used Redline Heavy Shock Proof in my trany with great success. So have others.

Hey Mongo1958,
I wish I would have kept the photos, but not too long ago I had my transmission remove and put in a six speed. I had got the SE Kit. Well I had been using the Redline for a few years. So when the six speed kit came in, I to the bike to the shop. When they started taking it apart, man what a mess there was. There was this almost yellowish almost most white looking substance all over the transmission. It sorta looked like fat that had a build up all over the transmission. It was really nasty looking. I mean it was like caked on everything. From then on, I will not use the Redline stuff. It all depends on how long you have been using it, but I won't use it. I started using the Spector Six Speed, or the something else.

Back