free website stats program Amsoil filter question | Harley Davidson Forums

Amsoil filter question

behavin

I have a 2011 trike and just bought a case of Amsoil synthetic 20/50 and a Amsoil filter Part # EAOM134C. The filter is smaller in size than the factory H-D filter. I did not take off the HD filter yet to match the gaskets. Has anyone run into this or has used Amsoil filters on their motorcycles that were a different size? Are Amsoil filters reliable? :33:

yep, they are smaller in diameter, in fact Amsoil sells a cap wrench for them just like the HD one only witout the hole. Gasket match is identical though.

Tank could correct me if I am wrong but seems to me they stand behind all their products with a very good guarantee:s

Don't know bout the size since I never used one. But my Amsoil salesman says they are a smaller micron filter than most OEM automobile filters so they can filter well.

I personally change my auto filters halfway through the life of the Amsoil oil though since their oil viscosity lasts so much longer than the normal oil and I'm concerned of the filter becoming clogged during that time.

I change both the filter and the oil in my bike every 4000 miles. Just the way I am.

As R_W_B said, they are better at filtering. They are also a bit smaller in size. I use them without any issue.

From Amsoil's site:

Nanofiber Basics

Because the nanofibers in AMSOIL Ea Motorcycle Oil Filter media are so small, there are more pores per square inch, allowing for higher dirt-holding capacity and lower pressure drop compared to traditional filter medias. Thinner media fibers produce more uniform pore size distribution, improving the filter’s overall ability to capture and retain particles.

AMSOIL Ea Nanofiber Motorcycle Oil Filter (EaOM)

Back