free website stats program American Custom REVOLUTION True Dual Header | Harley Davidson Forums

American Custom REVOLUTION True Dual Header

dolce

I have a 2011 FLHTK and want to decrease the temp coming from that catalytic converter and burning the heck out of my right leg. At the same time I don't want to spend a $1000 either so I'm looking at the American Custom REVOLUTION True Dual Header system

True Dual header

Does anyone have any experience with this product? I tried a search but didn't find anything about the header system, just their mufflers.

Thanks in advance..

I just went on the web and read several (4) reviews on American Custom product. All the reviewers seemed to think they were well worth the money. Good quality and the fit was excellent.

What if you found a 2009 head pipe with no cat and install it?

or just remove the cats from your existing header. or go on ebay and buy a set of headers that have already had the cats removed. then you'd still have your stock ones, in case you ever need them.

IIRC, the O2 bungs for '09 header pipes are near the exhaust port and the later models relocated the O2 bungs down near the CAT. O2 sensors also changed from narrow band to wide band but I am not sure what model year these changes took place.

Just suggesting that if you decide to replace the head pipe you run the O2 sensor and bung issues to ground so you don't end up with sensors that won't fit the bungs or a potential tuning issue.

I wouldn't remove the CAT unless you are planning to add a tuner and retune; the ECM is programmed for the CAT. If you decide to remove the CAT, have it done properly by cutting open the chamber, removing the CAT and making sure all debris has been removed. Some "drill" out the CAT with a core drill but that will leave debris in the chamber that can, and will, get sucked into the combustion chambers via reversion.

Just some stuff to think about before pulling the trigger; good luck.:newsmile099:

Thanks to all for your advice. The American Custom headers reportedly have the proper connection for the existing O2 sensors. American Custom says there's no issue with tuning until I were to also change my intake but I have some concerns that there could be issues. Already I've put on V&H slip ons without adding fuel so thinking to get any reprieve from exhaust heat I'm going to need add fuel to mixture.
WAP.gif

Already I've put on V&H slip ons without adding fuel so thinking to get any reprieve from exhaust heat I'm going to need add fuel to mixture.
Therein lies another issue with the CAT. Adding fuel will cool things down but if too much fuel is added, uncombusted fuel will hit the CAT and the CAT will generate more heat. Just be sensitive to that possibility when adding fuel.

It would be worth what a local tuner might charge for a couple of pulls, not anything approaching a full dyno tune which should take 40 or more pulls, just to get some AFR readings for a baseline. You would then know where to start adding fuel. Tweak it a bit, get it where you think the motor is "happy" and go back to the tuner for a couple of pulls for a new baseline.

The tuner is not tuning, just recording data; won't take 30 minutes. If you are changing the A/C, I would do that before the dyno pulls.

or just remove the cats from your existing header. or go on ebay and buy a set of headers that have already had the cats removed. then you'd still have your stock ones, in case you ever need them.

$135 on eBay you can get stock header with cat removed. Just did it on my 2012 Street Glide and it runs cooler, better performance, better "Harley" sound.

$135 on eBay you can get stock header with cat removed. Just did it on my 2012 Street Glide and it runs cooler, better performance, better "Harley" sound.

Really? I just did the same thing and didn't notice any difference in performance or sound. Still running the stock slip ons for now. And it's still HOT!!!!! My right leg and my girlfriends on the back still gets hot as you know what, but it is cooler than before I changed it out. Hopefully that will all change once I do the stage I with new mufflers.

Back