free website stats program american custom products | Harley Davidson Forums

american custom products

cuckoo kenny

anyone here send their head pipes to american custom to have the cat removed and replaced with what they call a “power chamber”? i dont want to deal with crosstalk between the o2 sensors. i already have a decatted head pipe. planning on using an fp3 tuner afterwards ds, stock mufflers n air cleaner.
thanks

I don't know what they charge to convert the OEM pipe to their "power chamber" but if you already have a gutted head pipe, I would save what you might spend for the power chamber and invest in a quality head pipe offered by S&S and others. JMHO.

I don't know what they charge to convert the OEM pipe to their "power chamber" but if you already have a gutted head pipe, I would save what you might spend for the power chamber and invest in a quality head pipe offered by S&S and others. JMHO.

Exactly...D&D 2-1 exhaust is # 1 in my book...

2-1 exhaust will out perform duals everytime...

Not so fast my friend; that is a very bold and general statement. Depending on the combination of parts, the exhaust does not always predict the outcome. As an example, I have attached a dyno sheet of some initial pulls on a 98" motor I am building. The pulls were all done on the same motor, samy dyno and same day. The pipes were Basani Prostreets, a 2:2 pipe and the other two were both 2:1 systems; Python 3 and, your favorite, the D&D Fatcat. Please note how the D&D (green line) stacked up. Peak numbers were not much different but no one I know rides at peak. The front end of the curve, off idle to 3500 rpms is what counts; that's where most of us ride but you may be the exception the rule. We are still working to improve the front end of the curve but I wanted to use a current example to illustrate that your statement may be generally true for motors in stock or Stage I configurations. However, once you go down the rabbit hole with high compression, long cams and hi-flow ported heads; general statements don't hold true.;)

I can also show another graph where we changed cams and saw improvement in the D&D but it still didn't improve enough for me to consider it an option for this motor.

Attachments

• 3rungraph red_bassani blue_python green-fatcat.png
    3rungraph red_bassani blue_python green-fatcat.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 8
Your story...stick to it, I stand firm by mine...Bassani is a garbage exhaust...Tried it and trashed it...

Ahh, another bold and general statement. See that's the thing, never understood how some can look at hard data, listen to a logical explanation of the data and call BS; really?:rolleyes: My tuner and I both thought the D&D would show better but alas, not. I do agree that some of the Bassani systems are nothing more than bent sheet metal and leave some power in the dyno room but II can say the same thing about V&H which is probably the most popular exhaust among the HD crowd. Having said that, some of their (Bassani and V&H) systems are stellar performers with the right components. I have never liked the drone of a 2:1 pipe at 75-80MPH, all day long; duals sound much better.;)

Seems to me you have a lot to learn about matching components that play well together, the exhaust just being one part off the puzzle, so we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.:D

Ahh, another bold and general statement. See that's the thing, never understood how some can look at hard data, listen to a logical explanation of the data and call BS; really?:rolleyes: My tuner and I both thought the D&D would show better but alas, not. I do agree that some of the Bassani systems are nothing more than bent sheet metal and leave some power in the dyno room but II can say the same thing about V&H which is probably the most popular exhaust among the HD crowd. Having said that, some of their (Bassani and V&H) systems are stellar performers with the right components. I have never liked the drone of a 2:1 pipe at 75-80MPH, all day long; duals sound much better.;)

Seems to me you have a lot to learn about matching components that play well together, the exhaust just being one part off the puzzle, so we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.:D
Your funny...each to his own...

I thought you changed exhaust to make your bike sound cool and (EDIT) off your neighbors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back