free website stats program Amber Fender Light-Cover MELT Down | Harley Davidson Forums

Amber Fender Light-Cover MELT Down

BUBBIE

On my 09 FLHR Here in Cool washington, had a Melt Down problem on the amber Front lens cover.....
I came off a 350 mile run, Home and cleaning off the Few bugs turning wheel to lock,,, and heard a tinkle noise of something falling to the floor... Looking and found the warped lamp cover....

Long story Short..... The Heat off the light bulb made the cover look like Smittys Rank on his arm patch (lens perfect shrunk upward off middle bottom).... looking at a new Fully rectangular one as compared to my evenly Heat modified one showing lots of chevrons, Out ranking the new one...

It was under warranty but at only 4.51$ I elected to just replace with the new cover...
Looking at the old one with Many Bubbles that were Probably there in the original formation cast of the part ,,, I attribute that being the problem...

original bulb and new cover shows no sign of increased RANK...

HD said they had a few other bikes with this problem but no reason for the shrinkage was known by them...

just thought you might check to see if yours is STILL a true rectangle and snapped into the fender light chrome fixture tightly...

You will really see a deformation if it goes bad like mine..

signed....BUBBIE

we dont get the lit fender tips over here :( always thought they looked really good

FATHERS DAY tomorrow,,,,, Maybe?

I do like the Added light also to be SEEN better....

Always run with the passing lamps on and I'm going to buy the Gismo that adds the Rear turn signals on all the time, changing the amber lens to red to be legal...

Can't have Too Many lights to be seen in my book....

signed....BUBBIE

I couldn't keep a fender tip bulb in the front for more than a month or so. Must be the vibration. Got tired of $6 a pop after 6 or 7 times. I replaced it with a light emmiting diode pack. 40 very bright L.E.D's. Liked them enough, went ahead and changed the turns to L.E.D and made the rear tip to a dual L.E.D, running and brake and new led rear brake light. Also put a module in the tour pack that blinks 3 times and then goes solid when you hit the brakes.

Back