free website stats program Am I wrong wanting to buy a 1998 Dyna Convertible with 37,000 miles? | Harley Davidson Forums

Am I wrong wanting to buy a 1998 Dyna Convertible with 37,000 miles?

Wild1

Hi this is Wild Will, a new member. Am I wrong wanting to buy a 1998 Dyna Convertible with 37,000 miles
when I have enough $ saved to buy a mint 2008 Low Rider with only 2800 miles? Anyway the 1998 Dyna
is stock which I like. I've read over and over again how great the Evolution engine is. I think I want to give it a
try even if I have to tinker with it now and then.

Thank you.

The Dyna is a very good bike, the evo engine is great, there are plenty of parts out there yet what is the price?

NADA Value guide for a 2008 Dyna Low :
New
Low retail
High retail
Base Price $15,650 $6,230 $8,195
Options: (add)
TOTAL PRICE: $15,650 $6,230 $8,195
In my opinion if the Convertible is this kind of money that a lot of $$$$ for a almost 20 year old bike.......... To each his own though.

So if bike is $6,900 in US money how much more is it going to cost to get it to you. $6,900 In real money where you are is exchange worth a 20 year old bike. An you are aware that pictures only tell half the story right?????;) You have no bike listed on your profile so I would hate to see something purchased that may sit in garage because you get tired of spending more time wrenching than riding.........:(

So if bike is $6,900 in US money how much more is it going to cost to get it to you. $6,900 In real money where you are is exchange worth a 20 year old bike. An you are aware that pictures only tell half the story right?????;) You have no bike listed on your profile so I would hate to see something purchased that may sit in garage because you get tired of spending more time wrenching than riding.........:(
Sorry I didn't give enough information. I live in Canada, and I just converted the Canadian funds to US.
The bike is for sale at a dealer that moves a lot of Harleys. I thought it would be a safe buy because they
have HD mechanics there. The place is called Classy Chassis & Cycle near Peterborough Ontario Canada.
The bike is a blue 1998 Dyna FXDS. Could you please look at the bike? Tell me what you think?

Thank you.

Pictures only tell half the story.You need to ride both bikes.Most riders modify from stock.You may want to change it from stock. One is carbureted,one is fuel injected.Fuel injected is much easier to operate.It is Your decision, but, You get to ride the one that breaks down the least.Would You consider a 20 year old car as opposed to a 8 year old car?JMO

Pictures only tell half the story.You need to ride both bikes.Most riders modify from stock.You may want to change it from stock. One is carbureted,one is fuel injected.Fuel injected is much easier to operate.It is Your decision, but, You get to ride the one that breaks down the least.Would You consider a 20 year old car as opposed to a 8 year old car?JMO

The 2008 Low Rider I have my eye on is a gem, but I'll be paying a lot over high book value if I buy now.
Family members say, "Wait until October and save thousands."
It only has about 2700 miles on it but 0 accessories. But I keep reading Twin Cam 96 horror stories about cam
tensioner shoes wrecking engines. Or was that just around the 2006s? Would the 08 Low Rider
engine be okay? The Evolution engine was what I was focusing on.

Heres NADA Value keeping in mind that they already dropped price $1,000 and give you the option of asking for a internet price which is probably less yet. So with the original asking price of $9,995 and bike not being in pristine condition and with 37,000 miles I think that you answered your own question.

New
Low Retail
High Retail
Base Price $14,625 $2,995 $3,940
Options: (change)
TOTAL PRICE: $14,625 $2,995 $3,940

Dealer link:
http://www.usedhd.ca/1998-harley-davidson-fxds-inventory.htm?id=1221620&in-stock=1

Heres NADA Value keeping in mind that they already dropped price $1,000 and give you the option of asking for a internet price which is probably less yet. So with the original asking price of $9,995 and bike not being in pristine condition and with 37,000 miles I think that you answered your own question.

New
Low Retail
High Retail
Base Price $14,625 $2,995 $3,940
Options: (change)
TOTAL PRICE: $14,625 $2,995 $3,940

Dealer link:
http://www.usedhd.ca/1998-harley-davidson-fxds-inventory.htm?id=1221620&in-stock=1
I wouldn't offer more than $7,900. I've seen private deals $5500-$6,000 for the same bike. But I
have a bike to trade in. I thought the '98 would be reconditioned properly there at the dealer.

Back