free website stats program Am i to short to ride. | Harley Davidson Forums

Am i to short to ride.

fatalbeast7

hi im 5'3 and im wondering if im to short to ride a harley davidson sportster iron 883 i love the look of the bike and just the overall reviews however i cant seem to find out if my height is a problem or not please help any advice is appreciated

I've seen shorter people who ride.
So can you.

Saw a group of gals from Milwaukee stop at our dealership.
Little tiny gal was riding an Ultra!

Try different seats. I don't know if the dealer has demo seats for a Sportster but check them out.

When checking out the bikes, wear riding shoes/boots.
Shouldn't ride in street shoes anyway.
You need a stable base and riding boots give that to you.

Go to the dealer and sit on one. If your feet touch, your in.

They also make seats for shorter riders,and a pair of logger boots will add a couple inches.I'd think it would be a good bike for you,maybe stay away from one with forward controls.

hi im 5'3 and im wondering if im to short to ride a harley davidson sportster iron 883 i love the look of the bike and just the overall reviews however i cant seem to find out if my height is a problem or not please help any advice is appreciated

there's only one way to find out go ride one. then you tell us

Nope. 5'4" and was worried to pick up a softail because I didn't firmly plant my feet on the ground because of the wide seat. That concern went away after the second ride. Only issue I have now is when my wife is on the back and I'm slowed to the point of putting my feet out and she decides that's the right time point at something to the side, stick her head over my shoulder to say something or completely shift her weight in some manner to make me struggle to keep the bike up.

I've seen tall, short, round and lanky on all sizes of scooters.

Now git on that thing and ride!!! while yer at it, hop on a bagger. My Road King, for me, was easier that my old Sporty.

good luck

Back