free website stats program Alternative seat?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Alternative seat??

Maddogdez

Hi,

Could anyone let me know of an alternative single seat for my 09 streetbob??
the original is very uncomfortable, i think they were trying to follow the retro styling accents but I don't like it and it starts to hurt after 15mins riding, I've seen the hd brawler but are there other choices?

Thanks MDDZ

[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
I just purchased a Corbin solo seat with optional backrest from ebay. Initially it feels to be a winner.

I think I'd change the seat due to the looks as much as discomfort, so probably wouldn't do the gel inserts, thanks though, I fancy one a bit more padded and with stitched in flames.

mddz

how does it look?
mddz

Another vote for Corbin. They feel hard at first, but my butt never goes numb. The backrest is very nice also, my wife uses it when we are two up. I could use it for me, but I have a Gunfighter and Lady and you get a suprising amount of back support with no backrest up front.

Ride Safe!

Hi,

Could anyone let me know of an alternative single seat for my 09 streetbob??
the original is very uncomfortable, i think they were trying to follow the retro styling accents but I don't like it and it starts to hurt after 15mins riding, I've seen the hd brawler but are there other choices?

Thanks MDDZ

Corbin is top=end and a consideration if money is no object )$350.00 for a solo).

LePera looks great on a Dyna, but they ae hard as a rock. The price is right though at less than $150.00 on eBay.

Mustang has a new line of solo called the Day Tripper, and available for about $190.00 on ebay. I am including a picture of one on my bike. I love it so far. Looks great and very comfortable so far.

If you want flames for a reasonable price. look at the C & C solo and Low Pro. Run about $225.00 for plain vinyl, more as you add custom shape, gel, flames, and leather.

Picture002.jpg

Another vote for Corbin. I got the Corbin solo w/passenger pillion (2-pc) after my first 1000 mi. I have put 10K on the bike and the seat just gets better with every mile!

Thanks, looks are a side benefit for me although I do like the look. The ride comfort difference between the Corbin and stock is so much better, the seat would be worth it at twice the price (just don't tell Corbin).

Back