free website stats program Alternate Sportster Handlebars | Harley Davidson Forums

Alternate Sportster Handlebars

Rjay

Good day

Considering installing a different set of handlebars on my 07 XL1200C. Looking for suggestions/recommendations. Would like to have bars that are wider and have more pullback than stock. Someone had suggested Deuce bars.

Would like to hear experiences/suggestions on alternate bars including cables/wiring that need to be changed.

Thanks

Hey Rjay. That's like asking what pair of shoes to buy. Really a matter of preference of style, comfort. For me, I prefer a drag bar for my style of riding and I like the looks. And then there are those who like the 20" plus ape hangers. I say figure out what your riding style is, look at different bikes, maybe sit on a few and decide what floats your boat. Good luck!

I changed out my stocker handle bars to Street Slammer bar, a little more pull back than drag bars, wider too for more leverage.
newhd74fan-albums-04_xl1200r_sportster_09_04_30-picture1039-2004_sportster_xl1200rs_sportster_roadster_sport.jpg

I changed out my stocker handle bars to Street Slammer bar, a little more pull back than drag bars, wider too for more leverage.
newhd74fan-albums-04_xl1200r_sportster_09_04_30-picture1039-2004_sportster_xl1200rs_sportster_roadster_sport.jpg

for LEVERAGE !!!??? your not going to use them bars to pry up the garage door are ya !! hahahahahahha --- sorry ---- BTW VERY nice scoot !!!!

Actually they do allow me to countersteer the bike more easily when in the mountains as the 93 Kat was lighter up front and overall, but clip-ons were too short, not much fun to "muscle it around" in tight slow stuff. With 600lbs plus, don't want work that hard on my Sporty...

Thanks for the responses.........I have been and continue to check out other's rides for comfortable bars. I have also obtained a "handle bar measurement" spreadsheet c/w HD part numbers.

BTW Joyride.......sweet job on indivdualizing your bike!

Thanks Rjay. You know, once you start, you are never satisfied. So be warned, when you start with that handlebar, it will lead to much more!

Back