free website stats program Alternate softail horn relocation | Harley Davidson Forums

Alternate softail horn relocation

Dan.1977P

After doing the bags I got irritated that I put my horn and coil back to stock when I almost traded the fatty in last year. I know there are kits for putting it down on the swing arm but I wanted it higher and more hidden under the passenger floorboard so I took an old inspection sticker plate, punched a couple holes in it, rubber mounted the cowbell to it and put it between the peg and the frame. I'll trim the plate down after I've had it on for a while and know I like it. I'll probably get a wolo air horn and hope I don't need to drill any more holes.

Attachments

• IMG_2997[1].jpg
    IMG_2997[1].jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2998[1].jpg
    IMG_2998[1].jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 48
Interesting. I would check it for water after a ride in a good rain storm.......

I'm a bit worried about that too and figure if folks make aftermarket kits for it, it's probably a non issue. If it takes in too much water, I can always figure a way to get a sheet of taffeta across the opening to act as a rain sock.

On the front of the down tubes there is a hole to mount the front engine guard, you could relocate the horn here

2334282.png

Or here:D

On the front of the down tubes there is a hole to mount the front engine guard, you could relocate the horn here

If it becomes an issue, I'll do just that but I really hate seeing it at all and so far, the horn has only been a way of giving the finger after I've already reacted to a threat. I'd just as soon remove it entirely if it was legal.

Back