free website stats program Almost finished installing my V&H bigshots | Harley Davidson Forums

Almost finished installing my V&H bigshots

samiam26

Due to the language restrictions I cannot fully exrpess how frustrated I am right now :bigsmiley19: but I installed the heavy breather, power commander, and if I could only get the stock exhaust off to put the V&H bigshots on I would be one happy camper.:Banane44: I have one last bolt that I can't get to on the rear cylinder because I can't get off the 02 sensor.:wall Anyway I'm on my way to walmart to buy an extension for my ratchet and a 9/16 wrench. FUN FUN FUN...

The best thing to do when frustrated is to just walk away. The payoff will be when all done and going on the first ride, then all the frustration just disappears.

The best thing to do when frustrated is to just walk away. The payoff will be when all done and going on the first ride, then all the frustration just disappears.

Couldn't agree more... just put Monster Ovals, Power Duals, and the SE Air Cleaner on the Ultra this weeked - had a couple points where I had stop myself, slow down and redo to be sure it was right but in the end, it's well worth it.

Also think I pulled almost every tool out of the cabinet at one point or another, seems like there's always something just out of reach or turned just a little to far the wrong way - but what better excuse to buy more tools, right :)

BTW - Think you're going to love that setup, have the Big Shots on an 08 Fatboy with the SE Air Cleaner and the TFI and love the setup / looks.

- Scott

samiam26 - make sure you're using a swivel on your socket - makes a world of difference. Had similar problems swapping bike headers & got the 3-pack swivel from Sears (1/4", 3/8" & 1/2" drive). Great having these in the toolbox...saves a ton of 4-letter words when wrenching ;)

I find in these tight situations that wobble extensions help get the socket in the right place
Tool shopping is always good it does not matter how many tools you have you always need the one you just dont have

Brian

I find in these tight situations that wobble extensions help get the socket in the right place
Tool shopping is always good it does not matter how many tools you have you always need the one you just dont have

Brian

And one more and one more and one more! LOL:small3d026:

I have been at this for so long that some of those one off tools needed for one job have been used a few times now so the money spent was a good investment
i had better go buy some more tools just in case i need them in the future
I love tool shopping

Brian

Sounds like the same bolt on my 08 that I had to heat a wrench and bend it a bit to fit. Worked out pretty well, now its in my special tools box. Were you able to remove the bolt???

Back