free website stats program Almost a year... looks like this is the weekend | Harley Davidson Forums

Almost a year... looks like this is the weekend

Yeah,you got onion skins fer tread.Actually,past that.I've had cords go thru a few times.

How many miles?

Last edited by a moderator:
15200 miles on mine. Have a trip planned for the end of June and thinking of getting it changed while out on the trip. Will ride about 800 miles one way.

I meant to ask what tire are you planning on replacing it with?

Attachments

• 20190530_170756.jpg
    20190530_170756.jpg
    940.8 KB · Views: 15
These were the original Dunlops, I'm going with Michelin Commander II. I put some on my Dyna and they didn't last long but I checked the "Born on Date" and they were old when the tool sold them to me. Better believe I'll check the new one fir manufacture date!

Front tire has 1/4ish of its life left so only replacing the rear... 27 miles to get her to the shop on Monday and I'll be happy. If it was the front I'd have her towed but I have had rear tire blowouts before and don't expect the worst as far as crashes go... damaged fenders, lights and license plate brackets is another story. Since I live in a very low traffic area and I'll keep to the outside of the outside lane and go no more than the speed limit for a change. To be honest, it serves me right. I *think* that the cords started showing about 600 miles ago last weekend. I heard sounds, kind of a humm, I didn't expect whenever I got off of the center patch going around corners.

What surprised me was that the cornering surface treads look so good. I guess it is because I ride a lot of switchbacks every weekend and sometimes have to do some heavy SLOW before I hit the corners to accelerate. Even with Brembo brake system it seems to be taking a toll. Then in the summertime I'm sure that the 110-120 degree Arizona heat just melts tires when I'm going down highways @ 100+mph.

Check yer tires, guys and gals! Even if the road side is hard to see!

15200 miles on mine. Have a trip planned for the end of June and thinking of getting it changed while out on the trip. Will ride about 800 miles one way.

If you trade that one out I'd keep it as a backup in case you are in dire straights like me! I can't order a new one till the Eagle Lands tomorrow.

I can't get more than 9 or 10 outta mine

What tires are you running JamesEarl? Prrelli's? Or Avons? Those have served me well in traction but cost me in frequency of replacement.

I prefer "The Dark Side", running car tire on the rear. Cheaper and normally get 35,000+ on the use of them.
I generally add 3 oz. of Dyna Beads inside the tire. They balance the tire after every stop.

I prefer "The Dark Side", running car tire on the rear. Cheaper and normally get 35,000+ on the use of them.
I generally add 3 oz. of Dyna Beads inside the tire. They balance the tire after every stop.
On a sporty? or what kind of bike?

Back