free website stats program all power lost on 2009 Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

all power lost on 2009 Ultra

siitman

Last week my 2009 Ultra died for 5-10 seconds while driving at 25mph all power lost but then came back on, 5 mins later it happened again at 65 mph except would not come back on until I turned the ignition switch off and then back on while I was coasting
Anyone have thoughts on this Thank you.
GCS Sask Canada

There has been several posts lately with members having a similar issue. You may want to start with checking the battery cables, make sure there clean and tight. Another issue that has come up is the run/stop switch can become corroded from moisture. Other brighter minds will chime in as well to give more advice.

Last edited:
It has happened to me.
Start with the most common problem. Loose or corroded battery connections. At the battery terminals and frame ground all easy to trace.

I had an issue with my Sportster this summer starting. I quickly knew what it was and resolved it. The battery terminal for the positive wasn't making a solid connection. Minor corrosion was the culprit.

Battery connections, circuit breaker connection, ignition switch connections. Cleanliness of all as well.

How many miles on bike. When starting 1st thing is fuel pump sounding normal?
When bike stops have you lost lights, radio etc. but no run?

Check the ecm connection, take it apart and apply a bit of dielectric grease

I cruise several HD forums and have noticed several similar posts. Some have been cured by replacing or cleaning the kill switch; put that on your check list.

Back