free website stats program All new to me | Harley Davidson Forums

All new to me

CrazieDave

Winter blues has brought me to breaking down a unknown year harley engine. I've been removing heads and collecting measurements and decarbonizing heads of ( I think they're powder coated )of the in. and ex. runners with dremmel and grinding burr, D style combustion chamber, 84 cc? Problems" clutch on main spline .044 wobble chewing up ring gear on starter pinion @ retainer.
EVO 80 ci. Is really all I knows, it's 130 psi on both cylinders cold ran strong , sold to me as 2001 Fat boy or flrtsb ? <98- OR 99- 2006. ? Aftermarket 6 spring clutch I think might be a BDL ? In every direction I'm not lost but how the H do I tackle all this research forum's help of course as it's pretty well underway
Thanks all answers I sure I'll find something on here, Dave

Welcome to HDT from sunny AZ. I'm sure get all the answers you need, pretty sharp people here.

How about a VIN? Part numbers? If measuring, what is bore and stroke? Photos?

There are some inconsistencies in the OP. EVO 80" does not line up with 2001 Fatboy. 130psi would be low for a stock TC88. We need more information to help.;)

Yes, inconsistencies. You say engine you bought, but mention clutch two times. The clutch is part of trans/primary. Evo & Twin cam are easy to tell apart, the right side nose cone is the easiest. Google for pictures of them.

A 4.250 stroke and 3.485 piston v twin like an evo nose cone but looking for the year of the engine.. serial number between cyl.punch stamped BKLX91956 and 2 . Evo'did they ever put 80ci.in the Fat boy styles ie.1997-2001?

It's for engine manual for torquing specs

Last edited by a moderator:
Back