free website stats program Alarm wont switch off | Harley Davidson Forums

Alarm wont switch off

mickmack

I have a 2007 flstc went to start it today and when i switched the ignition on the alarm would not stop sounding. I have changed the batteries in the fob but it still reacts the same alarm sounds and immobiliser wont deactivate. I started it up about three weeks ago and had no problem. I can however start it no problem if i by pass the system by using the lost fob technique. This bike is stored in a heated garage during the winter months.

Sounds like a FOB issue. Any chance the new coin battery is installed up-side down or was "new" but actually is dead? Try the other FOB. You should have 2.

Someone had a recent post and had replaced the battery in the fob, but still would not start. They loaded up the bike and the dealer found the fob battery was upside down.

Sorted it thanks guys. It was the new fob battery. It was a dud.Just shows just because it comes out of a sealed packet don't mean that its a good one.

Hello,
I had the same problem last summer with my 08 Heritage. After talking to peoples who hang around the same spot (a restaurant parking lot), I found out that I was not the only one that experience it but many other HD owner with alarm system did. One night, a rider show up and told us that a certain frequency must interfere with the one that work with our system (alarm, key, etc..) that if it happen again, to move the bike about 10 to 20 feets and to try it again, and it work all the time after, many of us did experienced it a that location and now whenever we go there, it's almost certain that a couple of us will have to move is bike inorder to start it, hope this will help!!

Sorted it thanks guys. It was the new fob battery. It was a dud.Just shows just because it comes out of a sealed packet don't mean that its a good one.

Good find and glad you got it sorte Mickmack...:newsmile01:that realization is one of the ways I was able to find problems no one else could. "They" would often use "shotgun" technique and replace everything rather than find out what was wrong, new does not mean GOOD, and oft time can put in more problems in the process. :(

Back