free website stats program Alarm Siren Question?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Alarm Siren Question??

Ok, I probably already know the answer to my question, but want to ask any way. Rode with my guys today to pick up new police bikes three hours away at the HD shop. While I was there decided to get a siren for my personal alarm system. Told the guy what I had, he looked it up and gave me the Smart Siren II, which is what I wanted, but he gave me a 68328-06, after I got home and looked it up myself, book says I need a 68317-06. I have a 2000 Ele. Glide Ultra classic. Can I use the one he gave me or will I need to drive three more hours (actually six) to return it?

Thanks for the post Glider. I have looked here it only talks about the chirp/no chirp siren and does not specify if the siren I was given will work on my bike. I understand about the last two number, but what about the first 5 numbers?

Product ID: 68328-06
Fits '02-later VRSC™, '04-later Dyna®, '03-later Softail® and '02-later Touring models.

Product ID: 68317-06
Fits '97-'01 Touring models.

I think you know what you have to do. :(

Last edited:
Thanks for the post Glider. I have looked here it only talks about the chirp/no chirp siren and does not specify if the siren I was given will work on my bike. I understand about the last two number, but what about the first 5 numbers?

They will both work but with different results.

Back