free website stats program Alarm Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Alarm Problem

Russ Bobber

Hi All,
New to the forum, just bought a Harley bobber, only 1 fob and 1 key. It's based around a 2002 Dyna 1450 twin cam. I believe all the electrics were swapped strait over from the donor bike. Ideally I would like to get rid of the alarm completely, I know this would require a replacement TSM for the TSSM that is fitted but not sure which item I need to buy (part no?) or the relevant proceedure to install the new TSM. I would settle at this time if I could access the system and change the pin so that I can at least get home if the (Edit) the fan. So far I've tried 3 different proceedures that I found on youtube, it looks easy when they do it but I can't get any of them to work, I've tried the override as well, but the alarm goes off strait away when I turn the ignition on and pressing both the indicators does nothing, so I can't even set it up to put in the override code even if I knew what it was Duh! Any of you very wise chaps got any ideas? Cheers

Please Click the below link and read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Even when you have the matching fob,it can be tough.I watched a porter at the dealership do it like nothing,cause he's practiced it enough.But when I tried,under ideal conditions,it either took several tries or I'd give up on it.Eventually,it worked,but not till it aggravated the heck out of me.If you have the right matching fob,just be patient,follow all those right,left blinker deals,and it'll work.May take a few tries though.

Hi Thanks for all the input so far. I have managed to get the bike to run at last, I think the TSSM is fried or has a fault, although the bike does now run it is accompanied by the alarm light being continually lit and strange turn signal flashing behaviour. The HD part no is 68924-01. What part no can I replace this with to disable it ,I'd like to fit a strait TSM but failing that could I fit part no 68924-07 ?????

Hi Thanks for all the input so far. I have managed to get the bike to run at last, I think the TSSM is fried or has a fault, although the bike does now run it is accompanied by the alarm light being continually lit and strange turn signal flashing behaviour. The HD part no is 68924-01. What part no can I replace this with to disable it ,I'd like to fit a strait TSM but failing that could I fit part no 68924-07 ?????

The signal flashing behavior is often a sign that the FOB battery is bad. I haven't seen any posts above that mentioned changing the battery. It's a common flat battery (#2032) available almost everywhere that sells flashlight/watch batteries.

Hi, battery is new. Still looking for a part no to replace my TSSM 68924-01. Or an Idea where I can find this out. Cheers.

Back